[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Does Memphis MilSim? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Does Memphis MilSim?

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

Does Memphis MilSim?

Postby The Mechanic » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:02 pm

What is up?

I never really thought of getting into milsims... The cost of accurate uniforms, weapons, and gear seemed a little expensive to me. Also I always thought of airsoft as a real video game; you know, dress like you want, high cap mags (or mids as far as that goes), unlimited ammo, unencumbered with gear...

BUT now after owning a low cap only weapon... Well I was just wondering how many people would be interested in a half-way-kinda milsim game.
Location undecided. I'm still looking for a CQC field. All the outdoor fields I had in mind all have issues.

I was hoping someone had one going on somewhere local (in the Memphis area).

-punisherprock the arkassassan-

Edit: FAST FOWARD- See the first post on the second page to see current teams and game progress.

Last edited by The Mechanic on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The cure for the common thief! -AKA -- punisherprock ---
The Mechanic

Re: Does Memphis MilSim?

Postby SekiRyu » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:58 pm

I welcome the milsim idea of low caps, but I deplore uniform requirements, simply because I don't own a single piece of US military equipment, and the masses only care about the US military....
SekiRyu

Postby DMSummerhill » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:06 pm

milsim is what i love.
DMSummerhill

Postby The Mechanic » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:44 am

I love your Jap loadout!

Sekiryu, DMSummerhill:
Let's work on some ideas and come up with a game... If the numbers are high enough, maybe madcatt will let us run it at Moore field.

The Mechanic

Postby Tactical Donut » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:26 am

I would love to have a milsim at Moore's field. If you need volunteers, count me in.
Formerly Known as McKnight
Tactical Donut

Postby maddcatt » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:46 am

Moore Field is always open for a MilSim type game. We try to balance the events between the "Hollywood" airsoft scenarios and a MilSim approach. Anyone wishing to attend a pure MilSim event simply needs to ask. I would welcome anyone wishing to stage and run the operation, just clear details through me first and honor field rules. (I never pass up the chance to sit back and watch, or even play)

Players should discuss here how much MilSim they can afford as many local players have not made the investment in full matching tactical load out, gear, and real cap magazines. This is the primary reason you don't see pure MilSim in the area as you limit your attendance by the more stringent gear requirements.

Discuss it here guys, and let me know when you want to book an event!
oderint dum metuant
maddcatt

Postby The Mechanic » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:34 pm

Great!

First off I don't do good in the heat, so it will have to be around September before I'm ready and able. Second as Sekiryu pointed out most people, present company include, have American loadouts. So we could do a U.S.A. (all forces) vs a new world order. Call it September Reign or something...

The biggest thing is; run what you brung and low cap mags. If it ain't in your loadout tough titty! And limited ammo on a person. Like 7 mags and 100 or two in boxes.
Although in the field and headquarters (if applicable) there may be extra supplies set out by the host of the game.

Make it real hard and don't allow speed loaders. lol

The Mechanic

Postby Mags » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:41 pm

I'd be up for something like this. I've always wanted to try a milsim style game. I don't have a whole lot of milsim equipment though (mostly high caps and multicams), but I would be willing to purchase some low caps for this event or even just limit the ammo put into my mags.
Mags

Postby Tpp4 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:34 pm

If Memphis did a Milsim game, I'd be there. Currently looking to attend a Lion Claws event next year, just gotta be 18.

Pulling a xandman:
ARSENAL
ALOT...
Tpp4

Postby SekiRyu » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:27 pm

SekiRyu

Postby vulrath » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 am

I'd be in for the planning and running of said game as well. I also support the idea of running lowcaps only; it will force me back to my first few games where I had 3 mags and a speedloader (I guess I acclimated better to lowcaps better than most people, since my "low" caps were 68 rounds).

At the same time, it'd be impractical to a lot of players to say "no speedloaders" because, for example, I can't load my P90's magazines without one. I lost the loading tube that came with my gun a long time ago, and it was extremely impractical when I did have it. Rather, I say that the limit be "7 lowcaps and one speedloader" or something like that. Keep a limit on what can be carried, but not on what can be used.

Also, rather than the game host spending money buying supplies for everyone, the players bring their own supplies, slap their names on them, and stick them in a corner somewhere in the HQ (or at your team's respawn point, or something like that). If you're going to supply anything, buy a couple of cases of water and throw them into a cooler, if that (part of my own pre-game ritual is to go to Wally-World and pick up a case of water, whether the hosts are providing it or not).

I just thought I'd throw in my thoughts on the matter. Use them or don't; that's up to you.

What kind of FPS limits would we be looking at? I would be interested in seeing more about a game like this.
vulrath

Postby The Mechanic » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:11 pm

The Mechanic

Postby vulrath » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Sounds good to me. I rather like brainstorming collectively. Gives all of the interested parties a chance to speak their minds.

My only thing with speedloaders is that for certain players it turns "slows reloading" to "near impossible to reload". If it weren't for that, I'd say get rid of them.
vulrath

Postby Tactical Donut » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:30 pm

One thing that can really help are arm bands. I know many people probably want to do camouflage only but arm bands would really help with identifying teams because more than likely everyone is going to have different camouflage.
Formerly Known as McKnight
Tactical Donut

Postby The Mechanic » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:12 pm

The Mechanic

Next

Return to Memphis, TN