[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Sunday, Oct. 2nd Play Date - MPP Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Sunday, Oct. 2nd Play Date - MPP

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

Sunday, Oct. 2nd Play Date - MPP

Postby Skrat » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:34 am

Time: 1pm - until you just can't do it anymore.

Where: Memphis Paintball Park

Fee: $10 for play ALL day

Probably should have posted this yesterday but oh well. I know that 5 or 6 people are already planning on going for sure. If you plan to come, just throw a post up and say you're coming. More people show up when they see that there is going to be a crowd.

I made a new thread for the Memphis Paintball Park game for a reason. I played last week at MPP for the first time, while it was a lot of fun, there was also a lot of confusion and aggravation. So this thread is hopefully going to clear some of the mess up.

---------------Some simple rules that not only make the game more fun, but keep you from bleeding----------------------

1. Call your hits, ALWAYS - It's not hard, and you'll still get plenty of game time. We usually play with lots of "respawns" which allows you to jump right back in.

2. NO blind fire - for several reasons. It tempts a person not to call themselves hit because you obviously can't see it. It can cause somebody to get hurt at point blank ranges. And it really isn't that much fun since gun hits don't count and that's all the other player can see.

3. When you are hit - call it, of course. Either hold one hand up as you WALK away, hold your gun up with both hands as you WALK away, or put a dead rag (red towel, rag, cloth) over your head as you WALK away. Walking is very important, anything faster than a walk usually gets shot at. If you do use a dead rag, please remember to take it off when reentering the field.

4. Gun hits do not count, anywhere else does.

5. Visible ricochets do not count, if you're unsure if it was a ricochet or direct hit, go ahead and call yourself out. We're not playing for money so it's not like you'll lose anything.

6. If a person is hit, and they're hands are up in the air, STOP shooting them and let them walk safely back to the safe/respawn zone

7. No shooting from/near/at the safe/respawn zones. Do not hide out at the safe/respawn zones. You are only to be in these areas if you are out or waiting to respawn. When you are hit and need to respawn, take this time to reload your BBs and take a quick breather before jumping back in the game.

-------------------------- Engagement Distance Rules (these keep you from bleeding) ------------------

Most people know what their guns are shooting, but if you don't, MPP has an awesome range where you can measure your FPS easily.

Thanks to Skidude for these rules, they helped a lot at Moore Field, and would have saved somebody's hand last week at MPP.

-Up to 425 FPS = 15 feet minimum engagement (that's just a little bit longer than your average pickup truck)

-426 - 455 FPS = 30 feet minimum engagement

-456+ FPS = 100 feet minimum engagement distance

If your gun falls within the 456+ FPS category, you're going to have a hard time using it at MPP because there is only one field where you would actually get much use out of it. Lot's of CQB going on.

If you get within 15 feet of someone, call a surrender. If one guy walks up behind two guys, (this also happened last week) you will have to work it out among one another as to who is out. Some argue that the second guy could turn around and save himself, others say the sneaky one from behind could get both. It all depends on the situation, just keep from shooting each other that close. If you can't come to an agreement, do "Parlay". The 2 players in question do a "dead man" walk as if you were hit for 30 seconds in opposite directions then reenter, this will not count as a kill. This also helps a lot of blind fire situations where two players are on each side of a small piece of cover. "Parlay" is the key word.

As far as game types and other game rules such as "respawns", these will be discussed before each game. Please make sure all players are around when this is being discussed, and that everyone knows what the rules are before beginning. There was LOT'S of respawn confusion last week.

We're not playing for money, a trophy, someone else's gun, or anything we can keep. All we get is bragging rights, so call your hits, please.

Most importantly, enjoy yourself and ALWAYS wear a mask when in the playing areas. MPP will remove us from the field if we fail to do so. I know, I hate wearing a full face mask too, but they do provide one free of charge. I did manage to catch a stray paintball last week with my head, so trust me, leave it on.

Last edited by Skrat on Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skrat

Re: Sunday, Oct. 2nd Play Date - MPP

Postby Jwise » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:53 pm

I plan on being there and bringing 1 with me!
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes. Romans 1:16
Jwise

Postby Skrat » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Skrat

Postby RSLP » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:33 pm

I'll be there if my new battery comes (ordered Monday night from EiteAirsoftBatteries).

Since this may be my first time, I have a couple questions.
Do you think a M14 will fare well in the park?
How long will a 1200mAh battery last (that's my current one, not long I'm assuming), is there a place to recharge batteries?

Hopefully I'll be there. :D
RSLP

Postby Jwise » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:16 pm

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes. Romans 1:16
Jwise

Postby joshua5694 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:29 pm

ILL B THERE.
joshua5694

Postby Skrat » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:12 am

Skrat

Postby SekiRyu » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:55 pm

I'm really tempted, but I'm not sure yet. Depends on if I'm needed for anything on Sunday, and I usually don't find out until Sunday morning :?
SekiRyu

Postby Skrat » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Skrat

Postby SekiRyu » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:35 pm

I can't even remember who it was supposed to be lol. Just a screencap from "Cat stuff One" trailer.
SekiRyu

Postby RSLP » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:44 pm

Alright guys, you can count me in.

As for waivers and such, we complete those at MPP correct?

Hope to see a lot of people there.
RSLP

Postby cowboy117 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:07 pm

If my night isn't too bad, count me in
cowboy117

Postby Nodnarb901 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:29 am

Count me in with a friend!
Nodnarb901

Postby Skrat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 am

Skrat

Postby Jwise » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:07 am

Looks like an even better turnout this Sunday. Taked to a guy from last week and he and his whole team are planning on coming.
Jwise

Next

Return to Memphis, TN