[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - New Players Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

New Players

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

New Players

Postby garrett1706 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Hello everyone!

Myself, my two brothers, and a friend are all fairly new to airsoft, but we recently purchased our first set of actual weapons. After playing a few weekends in the woods, we started looking for more people and different places to come hangout and shoot. We're from Dyersburg, TN and would definitely make the trip to Memphis to play a couple weekends a month. So any help or advice is welcomed, and I will continue to browse the forums looking for some other answers to questions I had about schedules and so forth.

garrett1706

Re: New Players

Postby Tactical Donut » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:52 pm

What's going on, man? It's great o see some new players here. A good place to go to is Moore's Field since it's pretty close to everyone around here and if you have time the Memphis Paintball Park is also available but keep in mind that the games have to be set up first. You can't just go there.

But check around the Memphis thread and you'll find some games coming up like one in MPP on the 9th and one on the 15th at Moore's Field.
Formerly Known as McKnight
Tactical Donut

Postby Jwise » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Yeah man. Weve been playing tje last 2 weeks at MPP at Memphis Paintball Partk and have had a great time. Having atleast 18 players both weekends. Well be playing there this weekend so itll be a great way to meet alot of locals and ask a lot of questions!
Hope to see you there!
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes. Romans 1:16
Jwise

Postby garrett1706 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:53 pm

May not make it this weekend due to us working on our own mini course to try and influence a few friends we used to play paintball with, but I will look into coming down the 15th and playing some. Thanks for the invites!
garrett1706

Postby RSLP » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:56 pm

Hello, I'm also from Dyersburg. I've recently started playing at MPP, everyone seems friendly. If you can set up a field in Dyersburg you can count on me and a friend of mine as regulars.
RSLP

Postby garrett1706 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:09 pm

Nice, where about? I actually live in Finley, down past Big Boy Junction.
garrett1706

Postby RSLP » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Right in the center of Dyersburg, haha. Hopefully, someone will open up a field closer than Memphis, but the MPP is a great place to play.
RSLP

Postby garrett1706 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Yea, it's not to far to drive, but it would be nice to have a spot that's closer.
garrett1706

Postby Lil-Jimmy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Cool to know,we are from Missouri around the carutherville area and work at the shipyard here. We have 4 regulars but more Lil north of us. Have played at moore's with them and it was fun. But would Love to see something closer. We r going to try to make it to the Moore Field game coming up. We should try getting together sometime for some BB battles. Few of us r fairly new to airsoft ourselves
Lil-Jimmy

Postby m4sherman » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:31 pm

I am a newb to but this is one hell of a fun way to pay especially if your ass can run
m4sherman

Postby garrett1706 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:28 am

We're looking at trying to put a few buildings up in these woods we're playing in. Can get plywood for $6 a sheet, let me know if you'd be interested in playing in Newbern sometime. Message me, and I can give you more details.
garrett1706

Postby m4sherman » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:03 am

Make sure you get ply wood and not particle board. also if you spray the boards in diesel once a year or so it keeps them from rotting. (diesel is not actually that flammable )

I also Found I can score a couple of dozen spare tires if anyone needs some cheap cover
m4sherman

Postby garrett1706 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:08 am

Yea, it's not particleboard. We're going out to look around this weekend and stake a few places out, so i'll let you know what happens.
garrett1706

Postby RSLP » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:10 am

I'm down, just post a thread whenever a game comes and I'll try to make it for sure.
RSLP

Postby Skrat » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:48 am

Skrat

Next

Return to Memphis, TN