[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - MPP - why do they act that way? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

MPP - why do they act that way?

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

Re: MPP - why do they act that way?

Postby SekiRyu » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:18 pm

SekiRyu

Postby grant.94 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:44 am

I sort of re-negotiated that last year with the compromise of we could use their courses if we followed their rules and stayed out of the way of paintballers. I think thats pretty fair seeing it's a paintball park. They're catering to their paintball guests, they aren't really worried about us.
"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland Deschain
grant.94

Postby Skrat » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:10 am

Yeah but what happened to being a paying customer? A business is a business you know, you'd think they'd be smart about it and take care of air soft players too. We're all PAYING customers if you ask me. Why not to convert the back 40 into an airsoft field? Get some guns in stock and bazillions of bbs. It wouldn't cost near as much as what they spend on paintball equipment. Lack of ambition I suppose, narrow mind syndrome.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get anybody worked up about all this. I read the old thread about the MPP before I first played there, then when I went to my first game it seemed as though nothing was in sync with that old thread so I figured stuff had changed. And apparently it has.

In the end, I'm just a dissatisfied customer who likes to get the most for their buck. $10 seems to be the going rate, so if I'm going to spend $10, I'll spend it where I'm not considered a "burden" or of lesser value.

Again, I apologize if I offended or got anybody worked up or stepped on some toes. I just wanted to know what the cave man's problem was. So instead of complaining about it, I'm going to make more fields open for us to play on! Already got one open with a thread going, and gonna check out another one here soon!
Skrat

Postby SekiRyu » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:17 pm

Ever since I started going to the MPP, I went with the mindset that paintball players are arrogant, narrow-minded, testosterone-junkies with bad attitudes, so I've never really been surprised by the way they act.
SekiRyu

Postby vulrath » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:24 pm

^ Man's got a point.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Yeah, He does...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby slic94 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:10 pm

This is why I don't play paint ball, from my experience paint ball is all about who's got the bigest spending limit and who's the best cheater but I'm shure the are a lot of good honest paint ballers out there but all I've seen are what I call "douch ballers"
And when I get to heaven,
To St. Peter I will tell,
"Another reporting, Sir,
I've served my time in Hell!"
slic94

Postby vulrath » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:30 pm

EDIT: I'm removing any non-constructive posts of mine from this thread. This is the notification that I've done so to this post already.
Last edited by vulrath on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vulrath

Postby Skidude » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Hey guys,

Let's not bash MPP or paintballers. MPP is a PAINTBALL park after all and will cater to paintballers before all others. Their allowing us to use the back 40 has kept the local Airsoft community going for more years than most us have been playing Airsoft, and this will likely continue if we don't abuse it. As we've said before, let's all please represent the Airsoft community well when you play there and help keep this arrangement going, and help keep a good name for Airsofters in general.
Skidude
Skidude

Postby Jester1138 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:07 pm

I honestly don't think this was ment to 'bash' paintballers or MPP in general, merely pointing out that when you pay for a service or something, you expect to be treated like a paying member. So they give us the back 40..there's no reason to act in a derogatory manner. The money that MPP makes from the Airsoft community that goes to pay for the 'unused, unmaintained' back 40 is not a reflection of the professionalism apparently given to the paying customer. Now, I have not been treated in a manner that is unprofessional, but apparently others have. Sorry, but if I were treated with the mild disdane of a stray dog who paid for a back kitchen bone, only to be given a dirty piece of marrow I'd have the fur on the back standing up as well.

So to the person who posted the thread. I understand your irritation and offer you a simple solution. "don't go." If you feel as if you have been treated with disrespect, do not further support in presence or monetary means, an establishment that has not earned your business. As it is thier 'right' (and I use that with disdane) to treat you in whatever manner they feel as it is a private business, It is your 'right' (and I use that with much joy and fanfare) to avoid and boycott thier establishment.

Instead, support your local Airsofters on thier own turf. *Moore Field* Donate to the field fund or offer your time when the core group does a field build. You'll find that it is more rewarding, and the more you put into your own home, the more you will reap in the future. That's what I've done in the past, and it's worked out pretty darn good for me.

Jester out!
"BUST EM!
Jester1138

Postby Skrat » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:45 am

Yeah this thread kind of got a little heated :shock:

I just wanted to know if I had missed something as to why they acted that way. Just who they are I guess. And yes, the simple solution is to just not go, which is probably what will be happening. And yes, I was at Moore Field this past saturday! :D

On the brighter side, I think there will be a couple new fields opening up soon for play. :D :D :D
Skrat

Postby Jester1138 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:44 am

Hey brother, I'm as passionate about being treated well at an establishment, espeically since I deal with people on a day to day basis in that manner. Also, you were not the one who started 'bashing' folks in the topic.

I've been following your topic about the possible new field in your neck of the woods and hey, I'm all for it. If you do some playing Munford way in the woods, let me know I'd like to come up and do some playing.
"BUST EM!
Jester1138

Postby Skrat » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Skrat

Postby DMSummerhill » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:06 pm

IMO, i like the back 40 and $10 isn't bad to play without getting arrested for playing on public property...
DMSummerhill

Postby Waddamelon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:26 pm

In my eyes..
Battlefield = airsoft
Call of duty = paintball

but skidude has a point like when im at the skatepark i hate it when bmx people show up mostly cuz eveytime they do they end up crashing into a skateboarder

WE G18C PDW CUSTOM
Cybergun Kalashnikov 60th anniversery AK47
G&P M4 MRE
WE M1911 4.3 HICAPA
Waddamelon

Previous

Return to Memphis, TN