[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - MPP - why do they act that way? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

MPP - why do they act that way?

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

MPP - why do they act that way?

Postby Skrat » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:08 am

So I'm the one that scheduled the last few games at Memphis Paintball Park. It's been a lot of fun and I believe everybody has been having a good time. I just want to know something though. Why are the people at Memphis Paintball Park such..I don't know, jerks?

It's mainly that dip with the caveman beard, I don't think anybody likes him as far as I know. The first game I went to out there he talked to us like we were retarded. I quote

"Listen up airsoft people, let me explain something to you. If you get shot in the eye with a paintball, you will go blind. Paintball to the eye, blind. I can say it dumber if you need me to."

Doesn't that work the same way with a BB? ... or shooting just about anything into your eye for that matter.

I can live with that though. But while we're there we always get last choice on everything. If a paintballer wants to use the course we're on, we have to move. Then someone (a fellow airsoft player) told me that airsoft players weren't even allowed to play on the fields at all, that we could only play in the woods in the back. Yeah...I'm not paying to go play in an empty set of woods. I can do that for free all day long. We've been playing on the courses but like I said, it's kind of whatever is left.

Call me cheap but the caveman beard wouldn't even let me use a buy one pass get one free coupon because we weren't buying any paint. My girlfriend got all pissed (it was kind of funny) and told him we used one last week but he didn't say anything.

So is there something going on? Did little caveman beard get raped with an airsoft rifle when he was a little boy or what? It's not like we're doing any damage to their fields or structures. They're doing all the damage and ruining it with their paint. The $10 we give them is pure profit, so why do they have to be that way?

I don't understand, and I probably won't be playing there much anymore, if at all. I'll continue to schedule games if everyone wishes, but I'm going to be looking for other fields and building them if I have to.

I prefer the jungle anyway

Skrat

Re: MPP - why do they act that way?

Postby vulrath » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:40 am

Paintballers don't like airsofters all that much. A lot of them have a superiority complex. I haven't dealt with your guy "the cave man" personally, but I've dealt with his type (they're the ones that drove me away from ever wanting to play paintball seriously). To them, we're wimps that can't handle the pain of a paintball hitting skin.

The really funny thing is, every time I've gone to MPP to play with my rifles, I get nothing but interest. "Dude, that's cool. What's it shoot?" "How's it shoot?" "Can I try it?" "How's it work?"

By the way, now you know one of the main reasons why I don't like to go to MPP. Paintballers tend to get under my skin and raise my blood pressure to unsafe levels like nothing else. (Actually, that kind of attitude is why some paintballers drop paintball for airsoft. They just can't handle the elitist attitudes any more.)
vulrath

Postby Skrat » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:57 am

Skrat

Postby aaGEORGEaa » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:37 pm

I've played at MPP for a while now and the "Dip covered caveman beard guy" is the new manager. Yes, he is a lets keep it clean... a jerk. The guy before him was probably the nicest guy there. He let us (if no one was on fields near us) wear our classes instead of a full mask. Things are changing there and I'm right there with you on not going there anymore.

When I first started going there I had the kids going wow!! look at him!...yeah it was kinda cool but then again they were like 11. Now no one does that anymore. Kids say things like "Hey wanna fight?? you use your airsoft gun and I'll use my paintball gun???" and "Paintball is for real men!!" ......I never egg them on or anything of the sort but one day I'm just going to snap. Its like paintball is more of a mentality ( kind of like the Marines NOTHING AGAINST THEM!!! but I feel like we're the Army and Paintball is the Marines...if you know what I mean.

Soooo I'm thinking I'm just not going to go there anymore. We have Moore Field and some others out there. I might actually be setting one up soon. We airsofters are just going to have to stick together and play elsewhere.
aaGEORGEaa

Postby vulrath » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:21 pm

EDIT: I'm removing any non-constructive posts of mine from this thread. This is the notification that I've done so to this post already.
Last edited by vulrath on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:59 pm

I never got the chance to play Airsoft there but I did however play paintball once there (actually going this weekend for a friends B-day party) and the guy that ran everything was really nice. He was strict on safety (for good reason) but not so strict you wanted to leave. The guy even brought out his $1,000 gun when one of the guys that came with our church group egged him on to see who could carry their team (The kid did paintball tournaments all the time) and the guy joined in and was a good sport about it.
I ended up buying a paintball gun because of this whole experience but ended up selling it recently because we never went back and it was EXPENSIVE to maintain.

Ever since that trip, I have heard mixed opinions about the field and I'm right there with everyone else about the "Paintballer mentality" that pushes you to the brink.
Personally, I never try to bother messing with paintball parks when wanting to Airsoft because things like this happen.

Best of luck to you guys in building a field and maybe when my schedule would allow me, I'll come down and have some fun with you guys!

Also, I'll give an after report from what I see when I go there this weekend with my friend and see how he treats the Paintballers compared to these horror stories. :twisted:
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Skrat » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Skrat

Postby aaGEORGEaa » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:24 pm

Yeah I know what you mean man. MPP is the closet field to me too. I also looveee the back 40. Its where I started playing airsoft...I may go back for a game during the winter just to see if things changed. I hope everyone on this thread will make it out there for a game so we can all see what its like
aaGEORGEaa

Postby vulrath » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:05 pm

I've been there, and from the sound of it, I'll probably not be going back any time soon (it'll be however long it takes for the new manager to grow up).
vulrath

Postby grant.94 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:20 pm

yeah yall are forgetting the back forty is kind of out of their jurisdiction (even though they own it and everything) we can essentially do what we want there. No annoying paintballers, no masks, its not much but when faced with no airsoft and the back 40 ill gladly take it.
"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland Deschain
grant.94

Postby cowboy117 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:03 pm

And even in the paintball side, if you're not a regular paintballer there, play speedball, or know one of the refs they hate on you anyways.

I stopped going there because the paint is overpriced and the staff sucks. I want EZ Paintball to go out of business so bad but it's the field keeping him afloat, and even that's not doing too well...
cowboy117

Postby grant.94 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:42 pm

yeah eric zorn is a cheap prick. excuse my language but everything at ez is overpriced
grant.94

Postby m4sherman » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:18 am

First don't pick on the jar-heads. Second to all the snoddy paint ball guys who say paint ball VS airsoft I will gladly ask to go go paint-ball VS SGL-31 (would love to see their faces), Loud asses like those guys are just like the ass hats at MSSA with 3K AR-15's who think they are Superior to everyone since they A:spent more money, B: have more "knock down" power or C: Because there stuff is "better" so yours sucks.

These jack wads need to get off their high horse and relise that they are just making a bad name for themselves..
m4sherman

Postby Skrat » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:41 am

Skrat

Postby grant.94 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:23 am

hahaha that's a thought... but that would be trespassing with a bunch of realistic looking rifles.
grant.94

Next

Return to Memphis, TN