[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Building on Moore Field thread. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Building on Moore Field thread.

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

Building on Moore Field thread.

Postby m4sherman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:55 pm

Hey guy I dont get a ton of time off to run down that way BUT I do have a garage where I can build structures and a truck to hall stuff.. If yall can score me some good building materials (or not so good) I can construct and deliver stuff to Moore field.

I have worked construction and so far have two remodels, a barn and to garages under my belt. I am also thinking about digging trenches WW1 style if any one wants to help

m4sherman

Re: Building on Moore Field thread.

Postby Skidude » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Thanks for the offer to help. If you can fill a sand bag, then we'll certainly remember you when the time comes. The core field group does build days on occasion and we'll keep you in mind for that. If you put together any mobile wood barriers, etc and want to contribute and bring them to the field early on any play dates, etc. then shoot me a PM and we can pre-arrange for that; I'll make sure we have support to get them onto the field.
Skidude
Skidude

Postby Skrat » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:56 am

Man I used to work for Lowe's back in the day, and they're always practically GIVING stuff away, you just have to ask for it. There's always some busted plywood and stuff coming in, or just something small wrong with it where they can't sell the whole sheet for full price. If you catch them at the right time you can make out like a bandit, perfect for this kind of stuff.

If you got one near you I'd make an appearance and tell them what you're doing and give them your name and number, they'll give you a call if you're persistent. And if you come to take the stuff off their hands when its needed more than once or twice, you'll definitely be the first person they call whenever they get a "bad" batch.

*Edit =

Actually Skidude there's still some people working there at the Millington Lowe's that I know, maybe even a few still in the receiving department, which means I could get first dibs. Kind of give me an idea as to what you're looking for and I'll tell them to keep an eye out. Or you know... accidentally drop a load...it happens. :D

And if you want pallets, I know I can get those, if anybody has a trailer we could load it up and haul it down there one day.
Skrat

Postby m4sherman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:00 pm

If you know anyone at the one in cordova it is like a mile from my house. I will give them a shout here in the future
m4sherman

Postby Skrat » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:46 am

Skrat

Postby m4sherman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:15 pm

So anyone up for using sunday as a build day? I am working saturday but sunday is WIDE open. I have scavenged a few bricks and boards plus my trusty shovel :mrgreen:
m4sherman

Postby Skidude » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:20 am

Sunday is not good as we have an adjacent play date. Your enthusiasm to contribute is appreciated. As much as we enjoy Airsoft, dedicating two full weekend days to it would be difficult at the moment. The plan is to host games when we can to take advantage of the likely few good weekends remaining as winter and the holidays begin to set in. Plans are in the works for scheduling a build day, but it's not likely to happen until Feb or so, pending how the weather goes. Meanwhile, we managed to sneak in some enhancements prior to last game with a new field base and several misc barriers. Standby with your shovel, we will post whenever a build day is scheduled. Admittance onto the field is not permitted otherwise, unless its a scheduled playdate or build day.
Skidude
Skidude

Postby m4sherman » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:59 am

Gottcha. I will keep collecting supplies and such until further notice :mrgreen:
m4sherman

Postby Waddamelon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Do you think we would be able to dig trenches or foxholes at moore or would the owner of the property not allow that?

WE G18C PDW CUSTOM
Cybergun Kalashnikov 60th anniversery AK47
G&P M4 MRE
WE M1911 4.3 HICAPA
Waddamelon

Postby m4sherman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:12 am

really if we where to dig fox holes they would need to be the covered kind to keep them from becoming trip hazards . I think ski dude is the owner
m4sherman

Postby Waddamelon » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:11 am

well i mean in that no mans land that use to be a village till the water washed it away. and add the upstairs to the house thing

WE G18C PDW CUSTOM
Cybergun Kalashnikov 60th anniversery AK47
G&P M4 MRE
WE M1911 4.3 HICAPA
Waddamelon

Postby Flaming Chariot » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:20 pm

Topcatt is the owner of Moore Field.
And trenches have been suggested before but were deemed too much of a liability issue.
Flaming Chariot

Postby m4sherman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:58 pm

I wonder how pill boxes would work? On another note I may have landed alot of cheap lumber!
m4sherman

Return to Memphis, TN