[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Is it just me... Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Is it just me...

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

Re: Is it just me...

Postby m4sherman » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:40 pm

I play every chance I can (I work retail so weekends suck for me) but I have noticed that most of our local feilds are not really in that great of shape. Currently we have Moore as our only true dedicated feild and when compared to many other areas it is in sad shape. Don't get me wrong as I do enjoy playing on Moore but at the moment the feild is lacking any realy unique element that draws players away from the woods behind their house where they can go any time and play for free. what I believe we could use is a nice build day where EVERYONE from this community came down with shovels, picks, hammers and matirial and donated two or three hours over the course of a day, hell we could even make it into a swap meet during breaks in construction. Also you will notice I push heavily for the use of sandbags and dirt as they are cheap and sturdy, If you then toss in a few downed trees we could have a quite a few strong structures to add varaity to the feild for minimal cost.

After the feild gets in tip top shape I believe we should then schedual a large scale mission (well planed game) that would be advertised through as many avenues as possible. One thing that I have noticed when I put ads of craigslist looking for matirial that I get a stuff ton of calls about where this feild is located followed by when the play dates are schedualed. I personally think that their are plenty of players in Memphis but they dont know of our community much less where and when we play.

m4sherman

Postby cowboy117 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:12 pm

We do need to get Moore rebuilt, after a very wet spring almost everything washed away.
cowboy117

Postby SekiRyu » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:05 pm

SekiRyu

Postby Genphlux » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Airsoft in Memphis seems to have passed its prime, which is really unfortunate. I can't wait to be able to play again though!

I haven't been to Moore field in quite some time, but if I recall, it was private property and games could only occur if certain key "trusted" players were present. This is a key difference from when I personally was very active. We had access to a venue that was open for us to use any given time. So we basically had a standing game every Saturday morning. This seemed to result in constant attendance since you're never going to be able to accommodate everyone when you set a specific date. Some days there were 20-30+, some days there were 6-8, but either way we just made the best of it and had a blast.

Is Memphis Paintball Park still open for us to use? I saw a comment where someone said that the airsoft players were treated differently or something. What's the status there?

Like Billy said, if you want more games and larger attendance, make it a priority and show up. Bring your friends/family/coworkers/strangers and expand the community. I realize this .02 is coming from someone that hasn't been around in a while, so take it for what it's worth. I'm living proof that real life gets in the way of these types of hobbies (two jobs, just planned/executed a wedding and honeymoon...etc) but things are slowing down now and I do miss playing airsoft so hopefully I can join you guys again soon.
-Brandon
Genphlux
Site Admin

Postby Tactical Donut » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:45 pm

MPP is eh now. We went there Sunday, 11/20/2011, and they were actually pretty mean to us. Some of them started insulting us when we were just playing, saying stuff like, "PLAY A REAL SPORT."

All I know is it's not worth going out there and getting treated like that. I'd rather go to Dennis, MS.
Formerly Known as McKnight
Tactical Donut

Postby m4sherman » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Thats when you turn around and tell them that at least I am not pretending my game is a sport :P
m4sherman

Postby Waddamelon » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:07 pm

i beleive we have the players just not the facilities i mean moore field is nice but could be better. also not many people know about this website so i think airsoft around are area needs more publicity on social networking sites and such like make a facebook group for TNairsoft and we can spread the word around. Airsoft seems to closeted in this area

WE G18C PDW CUSTOM
Cybergun Kalashnikov 60th anniversery AK47
G&P M4 MRE
WE M1911 4.3 HICAPA
Waddamelon

Postby Genphlux » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:22 pm

-Brandon
Genphlux
Site Admin

Postby Tactical Donut » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:37 am

The staff was going out with the paintballers onto the field and listened to it happening.

Sorry, but I'm not going to "suck it up" and pay money to a bunch of people who cannot promote decency within their establishment. Like I said, I will only continue to play airsoft with mature, respectful people. Driving two hours for a game is worth a lot more to me than forty minutes, wasting ten dollars, and then made fun of and not being able to respond without getting in trouble.
Formerly Known as McKnight
Tactical Donut

Postby Tomcat14 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:58 am

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 COR 9:24
Tomcat14

Postby Skrat » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:25 pm

Skrat

Postby Genphlux » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:20 pm

-Brandon
Genphlux
Site Admin

Postby cowboy117 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:07 pm

1) As the OP, I like where the thread is going.

2) I don't think the game here has "passed it's prime." There just needs to be more activity. Bad Karma is the 3rd largest field in the country for airsoft at 30 acres. Moore Field is 27 acres. If you build it, they will come. A venue we can play on practically every weekend would be much more beneficial than having selected days. My work schedule is permanently set, meaning that I may have weekends off here and there in a rotation, but the weekends I am available nothing is scheduled. Many could plan long term if we knew it was going to be there and had more time. Even every other Saturday would be beneficial.

3) MPP is awful. Besides, the land they are on was foreclosed on last year. http://www.memphisdailynews.com/editori ... x?id=50730

MPP staff, refs, and patrons are generally rude and I walked off the field many times when I played paintball just from the lack of fair play shown by refs. I'll sneak onto the back 40 if I have to but I refuse to pay them another dime.
cowboy117

Postby SekiRyu » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:51 pm

SekiRyu

Postby m4sherman » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:06 pm

Well We have until February 27th to have a build day and a hell of a day because for one I want to play a good game before my ship date. Secondly we need to step up our game so when I get back from boot we can have a thriving airsoft scene here in Memphis :P.

Right now I think we need to get a handful of trusted players who are willing to take turns running the field every weekend or so until we get our player base built. Personally I am going to start working on advertising the games through my many venues to help rally players
m4sherman

PreviousNext

Return to Memphis, TN