[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Is it just me... Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Is it just me...

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

Is it just me...

Postby cowboy117 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:37 pm

or do there seem to be fewer events on this side of the state/country? If there are, it's not easy to find them.

cowboy117

Re: Is it just me...

Postby m4sherman » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:43 pm

There always seems to be atleast two to three games per month but this time of the year schedules are FUBAR
m4sherman

Postby cowboy117 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:54 pm

I've been looking at airsoft forums for other states and man I do like Airsoft Ohio, calendar is the first page you come to and all the events that are planned are right there in front of you.

I looked at Mississippi's and Arkansas' pages and MS has some life and AR is seemingly dead. I'm not driving to KY or OH for airsoft by myself, I have a distinct disdain for that stretch of I-40 to Nashville.
cowboy117

Postby m4sherman » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:10 pm

Yea If I am on I-40 It is on a Motercycle cranked up to 90-120 MPH. we do play quite a bit in small groups but anything over 20 people is uncommon lately
m4sherman

Postby Tactical Donut » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:29 pm

There is a game coming up on the 26th at Dennis, MS that I'm hoping to go to.
Formerly Known as McKnight
Tactical Donut

Postby Skrat » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Skrat

Postby cowboy117 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:32 pm

I would come as long as I could dress up like Captain Price and talk like him too...
cowboy117

Postby Skidude » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Skidude
Skidude

Postby Skrat » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:45 am

Last edited by Skrat on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skrat

Postby cowboy117 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:23 am

Maybe it's time for "airsoft revival" here in town. It's hard to do without much money though and I've looked at opening my own business for a while, just hard to play to a niche crowd unless you have a wide customer base and without many places to play you can't cultivate that kind of growth. Anyone know of a sizable tract of land we could "borrow"?
cowboy117

Postby Skidude » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:29 am

If your looking to lose money then it's certainly the business to be in around here..
We'll setup another play date at Moore Field in a week or so if everyone is willing to commit and have a big ole Airsoft Revival!
Skidude
Skidude

Postby aaGEORGEaa » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:20 am

Lt. Moore, Tactical Donut, and I are thinking about hosting a 'After Christmas' game at Moore field. We were thinking of having a "Rush" style game (If you have played Battlefield Bad Company 1,2, or BF3 you know what im talking about). We though that'd be the best time to do it since a lot of players might have new guns, gear, etc. Im hoping to see airsoft pick back up in the following months. Memphis Paintball Park is a no go. Last game up there we were treated like 4 year old's and insulted left and right. As stated before, there is a game in Dennis, MS this weekend and there is supposed to be a huge turnout. Airsoft is hard to come by here in the mid-south. I hope it starts to pick back up again soon.
aaGEORGEaa

Postby cowboy117 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:41 am

Before or after Christmas is cool for me. If I can play golf in January, no reason we can't play airsoft too. I just need to find an M65 field jacket...

And I think the board as a whole needs a new group of mods/admins, it seems very hard to get a hold of anyone...
cowboy117

Postby Apollyon » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:24 am

Skidude has a point. I for one have got fed up with and damn near quit playing or hosting airsoft games this year. I think I have played maybe 10 times all year on my own field. Regular game dates just aren't working as a whole. I've had to cancel and reschedule games left and right. The game Saturday was suppose to be played in June but we only had 16 including myself show up. Having said all that, if we wanna give this game that we love a heart transplant we need to band together, get recruiting, and make it happen. There are two types of people, talkers and doers. People can get on here and talk about getting things going all day long, but unless we do something about it then it ain't going to happen. Airsoft is a way of life for many people not just a sport. Here at the Badlands we are going to take all the money from this coming weekend and do as much construction on the field as we can before the end of the year. Maybe some more structures on Moore field would get more people to come out. Airsoft around here has been on life support for far too long, lets get out there and do something about it. If I can make it up to the next game I'm going to. Hope to see everyone out on the field very soon.

Armory: KWA SR10 and KWA SR5
Apollyon

Postby Skrat » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:01 am

Skrat

Next

Return to Memphis, TN