[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Aisoft Assault "Night Ops" April 27 6pm Indoor/Outdoor event Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Aisoft Assault "Night Ops" April 27 6pm Indoor/Outdoor event

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

Re: Aisoft Assault "Night Ops" April 27 6pm Indoor/Outdoor event

Postby aaGEORGEaa » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:17 pm

Awesome time guys. Had a lot of fun at my first cqb game. Hope there are a lot more!

Yes there were incidents but its just a game. Some guns were shooting hot but who cares its all for fun. If you don't like getting hit by them I wouldn't suggest playing cqb since either way its gonna hurt. Mine was shooting 350 and no one complained when I shot them. We also ended up putting tape on our guns to help distinguish who was who

aaGEORGEaa

Postby SekiRyu » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:43 pm

I love it when people don't fully read/understand my posts :roll:

The "if you don't want to get hurt then don't play CQB" argument is a lame defense for letting people use hot guns. Of course you should expect to get hurt in CQB, but you shouldn't expect to bleed or have BBs embedded in your skin (which thankfully didn't happen). The standard velocity limit for CQB in various locations across the US is 350, max. 400 at these ranges is a safety hazard, which admittedly we all did sign a waiver, however a waiver does not prevent incidents, it only releases liability should on occur. Velocity limits and minimum engagement distances are the only things that prevent incidents from occurring.

I think we would ALL like to avoid the above scenarios. Especially if there are minors involved.
SekiRyu

Postby grant.94 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:59 pm

I don't think it was the fact that our guns were hot (mine was 375 if you want to call that hot) but the fact that almost none of us even tried to not engage within 10 feet. It doesn't matter how high guns are shooting (to a point), it matters if everyone tries hard to keep themselves from shooting within ten feet, it is very tempting. The fifth street arena operated very well with a 400 fps limit and there were almost never any nasty shots minus a few bloody whelps if you rolled your sleeve up. And also, there's a pretty easy remedy to not getting shot up bad, you can hang in the back and let someone else go up to the front lines, I saw some people do that and they came out of there without a scratch! :D
"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland Deschain
grant.94

Postby aaGEORGEaa » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Accidents happen. None of those wounds were life threatening or made any implications to someone everyday life...I would be concerned if the bbs were breaking through goggles but breaking skin is normal and getting your tooth shot out is your own fault. Just keep your mouth closed and it wont get through
aaGEORGEaa

Postby SekiRyu » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:47 pm

SekiRyu

Postby Jester1138 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:33 pm

I'm with you Seki.

Let me say this. Some of you have not met me, however, when EG ran games, (and they did in a CQB environment) I recall very few incidents.

Safety is your #1 concern..or it damn well should be. It is NOT my fault if you shoot me in my face and draw blood. The first post told you your limits, yet you had some people posting to ask if their weapons were ok to shoot above it?

This all comes down to organization. The people running your games need to hold everyone to a strict standard and enforce it. If your gun shoots hot, then it shoots hot. Don't bring it. Have your safety briefing, know your engagement distances. Have your marshals to put "foot to arse" should infringements happen. You can't facemask someone in football, so guess what, if it happens, you don't go..'oh well that's football', you get penalized and you pay for it.

I'm glad most people had fun, and I'm glad that the venue was open to airsofters to play. Hopefully, everyone represented themselves well so that this sport won't get tarnished for future players.
"BUST EM!
Jester1138

Postby Waddamelon » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Great game had alot of fun first CQB and i think i did good. Suprisingly i never had a problem with getting hurt by the guns. my Ak was chronoing at 348-350 flat even with .25's that night and i only made a couple say ouch (i'm sorry :/) but other than the team confusion it was a tottaly new experience and compells me to play more CQB. Anyone get any footage or pics???

WE G18C PDW CUSTOM
Cybergun Kalashnikov 60th anniversery AK47
G&P M4 MRE
WE M1911 4.3 HICAPA
Waddamelon

Postby icdedpeple82 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:01 pm

Shoot faster!
G&G GBBR M4 Raider (Currently Stock)
G&G M4 Raider CQBR (Currently Stock)
Echo 1 ASR w/ 3x9x40 (Currently Stock)
WE X Tactical
Lots of real steal goodies...
icdedpeple82

Postby icdedpeple82 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:03 pm

BTW my MP5 chronoed at a stellar 293! Wow! I guess Im just one of those tough older guys playing Airsoft...?
Shoot faster!
WE X Tactical
icdedpeple82

Postby aaGEORGEaa » Tue May 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Completely agree with you man! Thanks for having us up there and I cant wait to come to the next one. Were there any pictures or videos from the event?
aaGEORGEaa

Postby icdedpeple82 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Shoot faster!
WE X Tactical
icdedpeple82

Postby broach01 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:41 pm