Not playing.

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

Not playing.

Postby Thunderr300 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:25 pm

I appreciate the gesture, but I'm no longer interested in becoming involved in Air Soft. I don't want to get used to shooting BB guns and handling them regularly have an effect on my defensive firearms shooting. I'm going to take the money that I was going to use on an Air Soft load out and buy a new holster, some ammunition, and do some upgrading on my 1911. I'll still be on the forums, and, who knows, I might decide to start playing some day, but as of right now, it's not an option for me.

" A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. " - Amendment II
Thunderr300

Re: Not playing.

Postby Elite Terry » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Jeez, what happened in the past 22 hours to kill your opinion of airsoft? :shock:
Elite Terry

Postby Jwise » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:32 am

Maybe this doesnt apply to you and you are not able to switch back and forth easily. And thats ok, you have to do whats best for you. But many of us that are into airsoft are also into real steel firearms as well. I play airsoft every other weekend with about 30 other awesome guys and gals. And when I am not playing you can find me often at Range USA fireing my 9mm or 38 or 357mag. and no matter if im practicing or competeing I have never had my airsoft affect my real shooting. Honestly.
Another guy I play with does shotgun competitions, and yet another one is in the Marines and they will all tell you it will not mess you up. In fact Ive heard many say airsoft has helped them with there real steel shooting because you become more faster with your reflexes and learn to lock onto your target quicker. The military actually uses airsoft and laserton type guns when training new recruits because the benefits are so great.
Again it may work different for you, but i say dont knock it untill you try it. You wont be sorry!
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes. Romans 1:16
Jwise

Postby Thunderr300 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:11 am

Eh, it's not just that. It's more of the fact that I don't have any friends at all that play, but I've got two that say they're willing to play. I just really eff hate jumping into something new by myself, if that's understandable at all. I'm -18, and unemployed, so I don't have enough cash to be able to play Air Soft, stay active in Defensive Firearms Shooting, and do Civil War Re - Enactments, all at the same time. I just can't afford it, and don't really feel comfortable with it. lol
" A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. " - Amendment II
Thunderr300

Return to Memphis, TN