[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - How much water should yall drink on hot days. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

How much water should yall drink on hot days.

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

How much water should yall drink on hot days.

Postby m4sherman » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:57 am

I just read where yall canceled a game due to the heat and I figured I would shoot yall a little something I learned in the last 5 months. On hot days you should be drinking AT LEAST 10-15 Quarts of water under heavy activity along with eating a stuff-ton of salt (). also if you drink sports drinks make sure your also drinking water as they replenish electro lights but they will dehydrate you slightly. During MCT (115 degree heat index while wearing a flak and kevlar) I was killing 8 per cammel backs everyday and would still have days I was pissing dark.

If you want to know if you need to drink more just see if you piss has more than a slight tint to it and if it does your wrong.

Be safe and have fun

m4sherman

Re: How much water should yall drink on hot days.

Postby Skrat » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:47 am

good 'ol sherman. When you coming back man?
Skrat

Postby m4sherman » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:39 am

well unless I can get RA it will be 25 flippen weeks :( I am trying to find someone who plays up here near Fort Lee (if they will even let us have airsoft guns)
m4sherman

Postby Tactical Donut » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:12 pm

The most I've drunk on a hot day with full battle rattle was three full camelbaks and that was just sitting around in the sun in basic. A rule of thumb is at least two camelbaks a day in AIT but I have to drink much more to beat the Georgia heat.
Formerly Known as McKnight
Tactical Donut

Postby m4sherman » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Damn the Army doesnt drink much water do yall? At MCT we were told 5-7 and would get messed up for only 2....Corpsmen can be mighty bitchy about that stuff.

Then again we spent most of the day in the unshaded sun and slept in hot as all can be shacks for the majority of MCT so we sweated alot (Heat-rash sucks after 7 days in the same cammies with out a shower)
m4sherman

Postby Tactical Donut » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:05 pm

It just really depends on the days. For me, I drink at least one for PT then maybe two-three more throughout the day and that's not including bottles and stuff. It's mainly because we spend most of our days in an air conditioned room for school. Once we step outside, I find myself drinking from my camelbak about every three-five minutes.
Tactical Donut

Postby m4sherman » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:55 pm

I just found out today yalls AIT is acctually bundled with your school so thats where the difference is. see we go through 13 weeks of boot and 4 weeks of strait combat training before we start our school (where we pretty much live a college life but with WAY more rule and PT)
m4sherman

Postby Tactical Donut » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Yeah, we go through 10 weeks of reception/basic, then go straight to AIT which is 20 weeks for my MOS. Then I head out to my duty station after 2 weeks of leave.
Tactical Donut

Return to Memphis, TN