[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Moving to Memphis soon Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Moving to Memphis soon

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

Moving to Memphis soon

Postby Grumsy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:01 pm

I posted in the introductions area, but I thought I would say hi here too.

So in poking around the site I see that there are a couple open and active fields in the Memphis area. I was wondering how often there are ops in Memphis (on average) and how big the crowds are. Also, I was reading through this thread and had a question about goggles. Are the goggles required to be full seal goggles or can we use safety glasses as long as they exceed the ANSI requirement.

Thanks =) And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

In war winning is all that matters. In a game, it is all about sportsmanship.

Grumsy

Re: Moving to Memphis soon

Postby OneManMilitia » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:37 am

Welcome to Memphis man. Well, to start, there is one field that a bunch of people always go to, Death Flats. It is held every other saturday right now. Look for it on this thread. Quite a few people show up to play, (around 13 or 16 max) so it is perfect for small team matches. Once in a blue moon, there is a indoor game around on the forum and a TON of people show up for those.

As for goggles, well, I have always been wearing hardcore safty glasses and I havent had a problem with them. Hope to see you on the field someday
Last edited by OneManMilitia on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneManMilitia

Postby Grumsy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:44 am

That is awesome. Up here in Ohio the require everyone to wear full seal goggles with a full foam seal. Needless to say they fog, pretty much no matter what you do. That is compounded by the fact that I were glasses too, so that is three surfaces to fog and collect sweat drops. I already have a pair of close fitting ANSI glasses that are prescription =)

What kind of stuff do you run, if you dont mind me asking.

I run a G&P MAGPUL M4 but I have upgraded it heavily. Side arm is a KWA gen IV 1911.

I have a few other guns and several team guns.

I mainly run in green camo.

Grumsy

Postby OneManMilitia » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Right now I'm using a Cybergun Kalashnikov AK-47 Full Metal & Wood with blowback, while everyone else around hear usually packs an M4/M16 or a G36. Someone started calling me Commie because of it, lol. I think that is going to stick soon. My Ak hasn't been upgraded but I am planning on finding an upper reciever with rails on it to start using red-dot sights (but God kills a kitten when that happens so...) But, I'm planning on buying a SRC XM8 Gen. 3 for outdoor games. I also have a WE M1911 blowback pistol, but it has some problems with it, so it requires some work. As for an outfit, right now I'm using some dessert camo cargo pants with a black shirt. I'm hoping to find a desert camo shirt to complete the look, but for now im happy.
OneManMilitia

Postby Apollyon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:49 pm

There is another field in DeSoto county, they haven't been active in a while but hopefully that will change. Our field The Badlands in Dennis, MS tries to have games every other weekend as well, but this heat and humidity is a killer in the woods with no breeze.

Armory: KWA SR10 and KWA SR5
Apollyon

Postby Skrat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:39 pm

Skrat

Postby Grumsy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:30 am

When it is REALLY hot out, I put those gel freezer pack in my tac vest. Also, I will put them in next to my hydration bladder once I get my plate carrier stuff. This sucks not being able to buy anything until after we move...

Grumsy

Return to Memphis, TN