[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Spring 2013 Airsoft Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Spring 2013 Airsoft

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

Spring 2013 Airsoft

Postby Waddamelon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:24 pm

So I have been thinking about the status of our areas airsoft community.
I think If we had some more order and some ahead of time planning we can get a system of games starting up in which the turnouts will be better and more people will be active.
Ive notice some new names and interested people on the forums so we should start planning for spring after these holidays.
I'll pm some of the local game coordinators and see what I can come up with.
As far as that goes I would like this to be more of a discussion thread.
I will start off with what I would like this season, More events, More coordination, Bigger turnouts, Land development(when I say that I mean some of the fields around here like "deathflats" once I get my vehicle all squared away I would enjoy working with others to enhance it.).
What do you want?

WE G18C PDW CUSTOM
Cybergun Kalashnikov 60th anniversery AK47
G&P M4 MRE
WE M1911 4.3 HICAPA
Waddamelon

Re: Spring 2013 Airsoft

Postby Shinobi » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Bigger turnouts for sure, I know it would be hard but I wish we could find something better than 9am Saturday. I work night shift and this usually leads to no sleep and my best friend works every Saturday so he can't make it. I don't know what peoples schedule looks like Sunday but maybe we would be a bit more free.

On a side note I am working on making some game modes with custom programmed electronics and RFID. I've had a lot of set backs with it but once I get it fully running we can make some super fun game modes.
Shinobi

Postby ilkahn » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:25 pm

ilkahn

Postby Skrat » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Skrat

Postby Waddamelon » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:21 pm

I see what you mean. My only problem is transportation sadly that is why I'm planning for spring when I get my vehicle situation figured out. Till then I will try to attend every game I can just the timeing and the distance is hard on me. Also that's cool but I just wanted to see what some of the people in the memphis area wanted this spring

WE G18C PDW CUSTOM
G&P M4 MRE
WE M1911 4.3 HICAPA
Waddamelon

Postby ilkahn » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:40 am

Metal frames to start, i am going to bring out a bunker/house whatever setup initially so we can test fit it up. i think when the kwa i bought comes in, i'll see if .25 bbs shoot through #275 test triple wall cardboard and use that to sheet the test structure till we know the design stands. ordinarily we anchor 4" cee to concrete, and since that isnt possible i need to figure out how to connect this together easily.

While on this subject any ideas for a standard box frame size? 8x10x6, 8x8x8, 8x10x6, 6x8x6? length x width x height

After thinking, i think all corners will be no more than 6 ft. plywood is my only concern for long time mounting. 8x8x6 may be the best ease of use.
ilkahn

Postby ilkahn » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:51 am

Metal sheeting is a concern because once mounted with screws you really dont want to start taking those on and off etc. any ideas about sheeting or framing?
ilkahn

Postby ilkahn » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:04 am

Getting back to original topic though. Is there any unified front in the tri state region that has attempted to draw players together? if so who?

Ive seen videos about moore field, wherever that is. some folks out in arlington near me somewhere. some folks in ms looking for players as well as some folks in arkansas that seem to play with the ark national guard ( i know, go figure ). it just seems to be alot of interest with no mechanism for linking players or locations that are available.

May i get some history, guidance, and input please?
ilkahn

Postby Skrat » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:23 am

I'd give you a nice long history lesson about Moore Field and all that, but I'm about to hop on a cruise boat for the next week :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Much needed vacation, very very needed.

When we get out there for a build day I'll bring you up to speed
Skrat

Postby ilkahn » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:41 am

ilkahn

Postby aaGEORGEaa » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:27 pm

I just found out I own some land in North Mississippi soooo hopefully I'll be able to get some work done on it and a safety waiver and all that other good stuff. Hopefully I'll have a game every weekend since I have Sunday off
aaGEORGEaa

Postby Tactical Donut » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:07 pm

Moore field kind of died off when members stopped showing up and participating. Unfortunately it wasn't pulling in enough people for some reason. In my opinion it was all of the repetitve game modes we were doing every time we went out there combined with the small field. It was a great field for its time but I just went away.
Formerly Known as McKnight
Tactical Donut

Postby Shinobi » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Shinobi

Postby Waddamelon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:42 pm

WE G18C PDW CUSTOM
G&P M4 MRE
WE M1911 4.3 HICAPA
Waddamelon

Postby Shinobi » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Lol I hope they were fun ones. On a side note I just got an idea how to make a respawn/timer keeper with a airhorn alarm. Should help us keep our on track and less who hectic.
Shinobi

Next

Return to Memphis, TN