[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Spring 2013 Airsoft Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Spring 2013 Airsoft

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

Re: Spring 2013 Airsoft

Postby ilkahn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:18 pm

[quote="Shinobi"?

This sounds nice, you need to talk to Jacob about placing the structures and what we need. He is icdedpeple82 or something like that on the forums, he is the guy who works with the church who actually owns the land. I would be willing to throw in some money for this, I'm sure others would as well.[/quote]

Give me some input folks. This is what i'm trying to engineer for structures.

1. Ease of assembly
2. Ease of mobility
3. Durability.

The idea i have is to have some boxes that 2-4 men can simply pick up and move about so that we could theoretically connect these together to form bigger buildings or a complex for engagements like Stalingrad at the Factory. Think about having say 20 of these boxes or whatever sitting side by side. Let's say everyone gets bored of that and wants to assault or defend a russian front farm village so you simply pick them up and drag them apart and place them where wished.

Under current theory each structure would weigh in approximately

4x2 cee (4) = 42 lb
2x4 angle (8) = 92.8

Frame Weight = 134.8 lb

Sheeting weighs 26 ga = 2.77 lb/ft 3ft coverage
29 ga = 2.1 lb/lf

29 gage total coverage weight = 176.4
26 gage total coverage weight = 232.68 lbs

Total Steel +/- 26ga = 371 lbs
29ga = 314.8

So... if we go with 29 gage. aprox 314 lbs. 4 folks could pick that up and move it quite easily assuming we do this correctly and have it so that we can do that.

ilkahn

Postby ilkahn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:55 pm

ilkahn

Postby Shinobi » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Skrat organizes games but really doesn't have much to do with the actual field, I actually plan to organize a few in 2013 myself. The person who actually makes the calls with the field and is a middle man between who owns the field is Youth Pastor Jacob (icdeadppl82, something like that). The group you played with the last time is kinda a small branch of the people who actually play when Jacob is there. When he sets up a actual church function it can be around 30-40 people.

As far as over 50 people I really don't think we will ever have to worry. Being this is the church property and we are semi borrowing it to play on I don't think this field will ever become a serious airsoft field. The actual owner/church as far as I know could sale the land if they so decided and I don't think they care much about our field. But this is all assuming on my part and I could be horribly wrong :/.
Shinobi

Postby SekiRyu » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:21 am

Is this the same church that plays with insanely high velocity limits in close-quarters-combat? Or has that changed?
SekiRyu

Postby ilkahn » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Interesting. Thank you folks. Now to watch Bobs Burgers! then think about airsoft. tommorrow i get my KWA i ordered.
ilkahn

Postby Waddamelon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:19 am

Just got some stuff for my M4 build and it came with the airsoft field guide from evike most of it is stuff I know but they have 3-4 pages of it dedicated to explaining different scenarios. I mean a ton of cool ones too and it is pretty detailed.

WE G18C PDW CUSTOM
Cybergun Kalashnikov 60th anniversery AK47
G&P M4 MRE
WE M1911 4.3 HICAPA
Waddamelon

Postby Skrat » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:04 am

Skrat

Postby silentdeath25 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:14 pm

I've always thought it'd be cool if we did actual "ops", with story lines and stuff. I've never seen that done out there and I think that if we had a really good storyline and planning for ops we could draw more players. That's my two cents :D
Subscribe to my new youtube channel, help the airsoft community in Memphis grow! Click and subscribe!
silentdeath25

Postby ilkahn » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:46 pm

ilkahn

Postby Skrat » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 am

Skrat

Postby ilkahn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:24 am

ilkahn

Postby ilkahn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:04 am

ilkahn

Postby ilkahn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:05 am

Is this the page 4 mega thread post? come on please be first post of page 4.
**edit**
good try melon. I know what to know who it'll be.
Last edited by ilkahn on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ilkahn

Postby Waddamelon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Nah but this might be.
*edit* nvm

WE G18C PDW CUSTOM
Cybergun Kalashnikov 60th anniversery AK47
G&P M4 MRE
WE M1911 4.3 HICAPA
Waddamelon

Postby Shinobi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Think page 4 will by my claim :D. If you need tools IE cordless drills, tin snips and so on I have a ton of it. I am all for having a work day although you guys might get shot a few times by me anyways ;).

Anyways I was just assuming about the field from what I heard from my parents-in law who go to the church. So no offense Skrat just trying to shine some misguided light on the subject lol.

I really like the idea of cook-outs and more game types, we should just make a day of the entire thing, play and eat together. I will be a regular from now on as long as work allows me to be, I will have a new AEG and my old one has been fully upgraded come January. I am really all for this and all you guys gotta do is post a day and I am there, we could even do something after Christmas weekend.

Edit: Nvm about page 4 :(
Shinobi

PreviousNext

Return to Memphis, TN