[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Thinking of starting a local team. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Thinking of starting a local team.

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

Re: Thinking of starting a local team.

Postby Tactical Donut » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:55 pm

So, here's just a few tips when it comes down to starting a team.

Communication - This is vital for a team. Everyone needs to have situational awareness and constantly talk to each other. If one person is out of it, everything falls apart.

Uniforms - All team needs a set standard of camouflage. Multicam, ACU, M81 Woodland, FG ATACS, black, white, pink. Whatever it may be.

Gear - Matching gear isn't always going to work out due to everyone's preference. Try to maintain the same gear color (CB, FG, TAN, KHAKI) and gear style. You don't want people going around in black FLC with a tan base ball cap and white boots.

Leadership - You have to designate team leaders and subordinates. Don't be afraid to have leaders and people under them. It's perfectly fine to have everyone put in their opinons but if people start questioning each other in the heat of battle, it can go wrong fast. It makes for a more organized team.

Weapons - This may be a bit harder since everyone has a weapon of choice. Try to allow it so everyone uses the same magazine type. My team and I all use M4/M16 magazine compatible weapons as well as sidearms. This helps with sharing magazines throughout the game, especially Milsim.

Fireteam Roles - Again, this is up to you guys. You can designate shooters as SAW gunner, marksman, rifleman, etc.

It's all about looking good and having constant communication. If either of those go wrong, you lose the advantage of fear.

Formerly Known as McKnight
Tactical Donut

Postby Tactical Donut » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:14 am

Tactical Donut

Postby Shinobi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Ok so thanks for the input doughnut kinda put everything into perspective.

To mikik I meant to put at least not atheist lol, typing on ny phone has some problems.

It was really nice meeting everyone and getting a face to a name, I am now going to post the team requirements, if you are still in then say so.

Communication, you must purchase a gmrs/fmrs radio. These are normally the higher end version of the walkie talkies at really any sporting goods store. My recommendation is to get one off eBay used, much cheaper. Also you must have a head set for this radio,e radio is almost useless in battle without a headset.

Leadership, you must be able to follow orders, this is a must in a team and an easy way to get kicked out. I not saying I'm gonna be a. Nazi but teamwork is about leadership. When and if we grow I will be appointing more leaders.

Gear and uniform, you must be willing to spend money on rifle upgrades and more gear. The uniforms and such will be discussed on a later date but we will need good gear if we expect to win anything.

Attending team events, I know life happens, work/school gets in the way. But just shirking off a team event will be frowned upon greatly.
Shinobi

Postby Tactical Donut » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:39 pm

Tactical Donut

Postby Shinobi » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:02 am

Yeah those are the ones I got, they are pretty awesome, Motorola talkabout.

I'm gonna pm a few people and probably set up our own forums for real in-depth discussion.
Shinobi

Postby Waddamelon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Mmm dem talkabouts, I like the one I'm using but not many radios run around the field currently so I can't get the maximum use I'd prefer, I can't wait to buy a headset and a PTT later in the season.

WE G18C PDW CUSTOM
Cybergun Kalashnikov 60th anniversery AK47
G&P M4 MRE
WE M1911 4.3 HICAPA
Waddamelon

Postby acurrburr » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:41 pm

I'm interested if my friends don't wanna start a team with me
Lancer tactical M4 CQBR MK18
acurrburr

Postby Shinobi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:20 am

Shinobi

Postby caveman64 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:03 pm

im interested in joining a team . please contact me at 9018317794
caveman64

Postby silentdeath25 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:55 am

Just check out the other thread called "team pontifices mortis calling for troops"
Subscribe to my new youtube channel, help the airsoft community in Memphis grow! Click and subscribe!
silentdeath25

Previous

Return to Memphis, TN