[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Death Flats PROMO VIDEO Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Death Flats PROMO VIDEO

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

Death Flats PROMO VIDEO

Postby silentdeath25 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:18 am

So, as somewhat discussed on the game thread for the next game (16th) I think it would be a good idea to post a promotional video about the death flats, the people, and the gameplay in Munford/Memphis. In my theory, I think there are people out there who read comments in the game threads and think "these guys are too hardcore, I'm gonna get my *butt handed to me if I go out there." So my plan is to interview some players (on camera of course) and take a whole lot of footage and make this promo video. I think another thing that would help that i couldn't organize myself is a scheduled "op" that we could advertise for in the video, and also we should have "NOOB days" or put "newbys welcome" on the game threads to attract more people. My last thing to attract people to the field would be to have SCHEDULED intervals between games, none of this "half-hour break" stuff. I'm talkin "get back, reload, hydrate, and play some more". Please don't get me wrong, this is NOT a rant on how the games are run, just some suggestions to getting the field widely known for being REALLY fun. With multiple cameras, anyone who wants to edit the promo video can do so, but in the end, we would vote on the best one and only the best 1 or 2 videos would be posted on YouTube.
BOTTOM LINE
the whole point of this thread is to discuss the logistics and plan for the filming of the promo video. I'll make a list at the bottom of people with cameras who are willing to pitch their footage in. So post here ideas for the video, or another video that you think would be good to mimic.

FOROM NAME------------------------CAMERA/POSITION
silentdeath25 GoPro mounted on helmet
example------------------------Kodak PlaySport handheld

Subscribe to my new youtube channel, help the airsoft community in Memphis grow! Click and subscribe!
silentdeath25

Re: Death Flats PROMO VIDEO

Postby Shinobi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:24 am

Like I said in the other topic I am all for it, interviews can be done between matches so as not to disturb play. I can do some heavy video editing for whatever is needed.

On a side note I like your ideas about newbies welcome, we need all the publicity we can get. I think I could get a lot more people from work to actually show up if I told them to check us out of YouTube.
Shinobi

Postby Skrat » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:27 am

Get in touch with farthammer, he's a professional at this kind of stuff. I've seen some of his work, it's flippin fantastic.
Skrat

Postby Shinobi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:18 pm

I mean not to brag but I have won 2 video editing contests and I am right here >_>.
Shinobi

Postby silentdeath25 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Subscribe to my new youtube channel, help the airsoft community in Memphis grow! Click and subscribe!
silentdeath25

Postby Shinobi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:52 pm

You could always upload it to file hosting site, but honestly I am fine with meeting in person. I have a laptop I can bring to distribute the files, and don't worry about power, I got a converter in my car.

As for you questioning my skills I know you arn't but it seems kind of insulting after I volunteer to do something to have people then act like I said nothing >_<.
Shinobi

Postby silentdeath25 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:08 pm

silentdeath25

Postby OneManMilitia » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:00 pm

I can also edit (i have sony vegas) if you need another video editor. and im also planning on getting a helmet with a contour roam hd for personal use. but we can use it for this too. I have a youtube account too and i can also post videos to spread the word.
OneManMilitia

Postby Skrat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:59 am

I wasn't trying to step on any toes either, I just said farthammer because I've worked with him before on such a thing and plus, the guy makes money doing that kind of thing. In the end though I guess the more people editing/making videos just means the more videos we'll get of the field. Nothing wrong with that!

I hope he gets to make the Arkansas vs. Tennessee game though and brings some recording equipment, that's going to be epic.

Farthammer....I know you're reading this ...
Skrat

Postby Skrat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 am

I'm double postin ... who cares

Just had a thought though.

- Death Flats Promo Video Contest -

awww yeah ... I just need a prize to give away.
Skrat

Postby OneManMilitia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Not trying to brag or anything, but I got an email today saying that Chuck Norris subscribed to my Youtube account. Yea. :mrgreen:
OneManMilitia

Postby OneManMilitia » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:57 am

OneManMilitia

Postby Waddamelon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:39 pm

I gotta say for recording equipment I found 2 awesome alternatives.
The new emerson helm cam
Or a FireCam

WE G18C PDW CUSTOM
Cybergun Kalashnikov 60th anniversery AK47
G&P M4 MRE
WE M1911 4.3 HICAPA
Waddamelon

Postby farthammer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:52 am

I'M LITERALLY SO PATRIOTIC I S**T BALD EAGLES AND FART THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
farthammer

Postby Shinobi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:09 am

Dude it's a fan made video, what in the world are you talking about project manager for? You come on my thread quote me on grumbling when I'm just trying to help and now you are over complicating something very simple. Who are you and have I ever even met you before?
Shinobi

Next

Return to Memphis, TN