[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - News Flash for Death Flats Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

News Flash for Death Flats

Discussions among Airsoft players in Memphis and surrounding areas in West TN

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt, Tomcat14

News Flash for Death Flats

Postby Skrat » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:28 am

Hey guys and gals, got a bit of a news flash for everyone.

First off, Mike, Terry, and myself have been lining things up to get the Memphis Airsoft Group (MAG) incorporated, making us a legal entity, the real deal. Doing so will allow us more opportunities in the future, and most importantly, it will cover all of our butts legally. :mrgreen:

That being said, I'd like to bring up the fact that the church has had some serious trespassing issues with hunters and hoodlums in the past, and it has only been getting worse. On top of that, they're getting really nervous about liability issues with us out there. The three of us had a sit down with them last night and discussed our options/plans. They are good people, and they don't want us to stop playing, but at the same time they want to be safe and covered, and they would like something productive to come out of their land. We have been kind of bumming off of it for the past year or so.

Well, that's all fine and dandy, but when is the next game, right? We're on standby until we get our legal papers situated, and I know that sounds bad, but really we're only going to miss one game. Lots of people are getting stoked for the Bad Karma game, and I myself wouldn't mind attending that one. Nicely enough, that falls right on the weekend of our rotation. Normally, our next game after that would be on the 16th, then on the 30th. We're going to miss the 16th most likely BUT! On March 30th, we're having our Arkansas vs Tennessee game at Death Flats. I'll make a separate announcement for that with the details. So everybody be sure to get tuned up and ready, because I would hate to lose on my own turf.

In the end, how does this affect you? Field fees, they will be coming. I've let everyone play for free as long as I can, but the church is demanding some compensation. It'll still be cheaper than the other fields, AND it will allow us for more growth as well, hopefully landing us our own permanent field in a more central location. Honestly, this all kind of fell together all at the right time. SOMEBODY must want us to keep playing :mrgreen:

And that is all I have to say. Certainly don't closet your guns or sell them off, because MAG isn't going anywhere. 8)

It will survive! *proceeds to dance*

If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, put it in this thread.

Skrat

Re: News Flash for Death Flats

Postby Skrat » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:59 am

Skrat

Postby Shinobi » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:04 am

Sounds good, I don't mind paying as long as we upgrade the field with the money.
Shinobi

Postby silentdeath25 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:07 am

Subscribe to my new youtube channel, help the airsoft community in Memphis grow! Click and subscribe!
silentdeath25

Postby ilkahn » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:29 am

Thank you Skrat!

Ladies and Gents, i've been telling you all that developments were coming but i was waiting on SKRAT to make the official announcements. I do try to deliver my promises, and i told him i could help turn this into a real deal organization and listed my reasons why i thought it could build itself into a self sustaining entity for airsoft enthusiast in the Memphis, West TN area. There will most definately be a shake up to the norm of what i've experienced in the group activities so far and frankly i like the play for free option LOL. The Shake ups will be positive for the group in all aspects though.

However, truth is that if we want to have a sport and activity that we all enjoy it takes personal time and money to support it. We'll need to pay rent for land or buy it ourselves, both of those options are being / have been discussed.

I can share with you that the church wants the money not for the actual land use but in order to support their overseas missionary organizations that they sponsor. In my opinion that is quite a sacrifice with a 50/50 split. They have offered to be our accountants and maintain our part of the money in a side account till we incorporate and get proper insurance and all to keep us legal. When Skrat says they are attempting to help us, believe him that what was discussed was in every way a HUGE positive for us. In all honesty, they need us out there patrolling the land, upkeeping it, and helping to improve the image of the field within the community just as much as we need them.

The whole reason for doing all of this though is to develop airsoft in the area. One of those developments is the organization knowing what players want for their airsoft experience.

You guys mind making a list of things or activites you want? This is being done for us as a collective whole.
ilkahn

Postby ilkahn » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:32 am

1. Players to enjoy a game with
2. Cook Outs. I love eatin lol
3. Players that don't mind travelling to other fields a couple times a year or so.
4. Wouldn't mind some buildings if land permits
5. i would LOVE a WW1 trench system (however i may be dreaming on this one)
6. I'm older so i wouldn't mind sitting out some games and just being a referee if needed. I gets tired running
7. prefer woodland engagements really.

will amend if i think of others.
ilkahn

Postby cowboy117 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:29 pm

... and anyone with guns in the closet, I am still doing work on them, just not as much.
cowboy117

Postby SL1DEmemphis » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:20 pm

I've been meaning to come back out there for a while, been so caught up in life.. Better go make sure the Famas still shoots.
SL1DEmemphis

Postby fire_fight29 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:29 pm

Sounds good guys, me personally living within 15 minutes of the field and it being the only place close and convenient to me. I hope that everything will work out for the good. I personally have more than enough time on my hand being in my profession. I am more than willing to help out with what ever needs to be done on the field, I have access to a tractor and can help maintain when needed, also very skillful in carpentry.

On a side not when is everyone going to Bad Karma? I would be interested in car pooling.
fire_fight29

Postby fire_fight29 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Well dang, I'm working that day. I'll have to catch it next time. Have fun and have a safe trip.
fire_fight29

Postby ilkahn » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:24 pm

ilkahn

Postby Skrat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:03 am

Skrat

Postby ilkahn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:32 pm

ilkahn

Postby Skrat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:09 pm

Ah whatever you want to call it. That place in Dennis Mississippi :lol: :lol: :lol:
Skrat

Postby silentdeath25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Subscribe to my new youtube channel, help the airsoft community in Memphis grow! Click and subscribe!
silentdeath25

Next

Return to Memphis, TN