[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Type 89 DMR Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Type 89 DMR

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Type 89 DMR

Postby reloaded recon4 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:36 am

I'm gonna have some money soon like the end of the summer at latest.But I want to make my type 89 into a DMR.I can think of the obvious things like:509mm Tightbore,hopup bucking,9.6v 1600mah intellect,mock silencer,m125 spring,and a matrix magnum motor.But i haven't had a lot of experience in upgrading and can't find a topic anywhere on this.It has a Version 8 gearbox and a 430 mm barell.Thanks in advance fo your help.

reloaded recon4

Re: Type 89 DMR

Postby xandman » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:34 pm

When upgrading a V8 you gotta be real careful on 2 parts. and be warned that if you end up cracking a gearbox you are gonna be S.O.L due to the fact that the V8 is based off of the V2 but it is different in a few ways that makes it nigh impossible to get it to work right with the selector switch and burst-mech, that being said lets move on to the 1st thing you need to be careful with.

1. The burst and selector switch,- Unlike other Marui guns that had a 3 round burst this one is mechanical (Sig 551-550 using a circut board) and the more wear you put on the gearbox the least you should use burst. A problem I have heard ppl running in to is causing your gearbox to lock up more than usual when it is on burst mode when it is upgraded due to the rifle wanting to pull but it dosnt have the power too if your battery is low.
<===thank you sekiryu

2.It uses a non-standard trigger switch (it reminds me of a inverted V2 is slides up and down to make the connection rather than side to side, shown in the pic below), be careful running a larger battery like a lipo or removing your fuse.

If I was going to do a V8 project I would make it more durable than performance based. I would start off with the basic shell and build from the ground up replacing everything that could be problematic such as the stock wiring and all low end plastic parts, all of the parts for a V8 are almost identical to a V2 so standard parts will work you just have to watch out about its few quirks.
--Parts list--
Deep fire metal air nozzle
Systema polybarb piston
Systema bushings
Systema piston head
Gaurder ball bearing spring guide
Gaurder gearset
Madbull 130 spring (440 fps give or take)
Promethious/Deepfire Tightbore
Systema bucking
AMP motor/G&P motor
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , å誉 , å°Šé‡ , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby reloaded recon4 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:07 pm

I think I'll start out with a new motor,tightbore,spring,and bucking
reloaded recon4

Postby Palacios41 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:30 am

I had never seen the Type 89 DMR inside the material but your post shared the much info regards the same, it will be helpful for the study material as are expensive so I believe online and youtube study may help me in my tough time
Palacios41

Return to Gun Discussions