[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Noob Moment: G36 Blowback Modification? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Noob Moment: G36 Blowback Modification?

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Noob Moment: G36 Blowback Modification?

Postby swimpat16 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Saw this video and 95% of my being said that it was a really bad idea if I wanted the gun to last... however, the last 5%, the tinkerer (is that a word?) in me said that it would be a really fun thing to try to do.

I did a little poking around and found that someone had did it and had run 3k rounds through the gun with no problems at the time of his post (~2 years ago). Also found a couple of videos with similar Thompson and M14 modifications.

While I wouldn't have time to do this right now, I thought it would be a fun little project to attempt in the near future. As far as I can tell, do right, the modification shouldn't harm anything internally, except add a little more stress to the internals. Anyone ever done anything of this nature? Has the gun lived to tell the tale? Just curious.
Thanks

swimpat16

Re: Noob Moment: G36 Blowback Modification?

Postby Irishman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:15 pm

I recently tried this with my thompson.I followed the instructions to the dot and the materials you use are either not gonna be strong enough or they will be too big.it took me 8 hours to fix the dang thing after my attempt epically failed.the clothesline broke after 2 shots of semi auto fire.it's not worth the time or effort.it looks really cool but just trust me.it is sooo not worth it.I now need to replace some internal parts which will run me about 30 bucks.I'm very fortunate that it didn't damage anything else
''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:45 am

Seeing how stiff my M14 bolt is, good luck. Marui and KWA are starting to come out with their versions of this (The recoil shock and I don't know what KWA has officially named theirs yet). Wait for them to be innovative and just pick one up.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby gnarkill » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:37 am

well ive now worked on both the g36 blowback models(ebb)
professor crow"s marui and my ares/uramex

basilly they work the same but are diffrent internally. the ares uses a more simplistic design basicly using a metal slide to link the bolt catch to the piston.
as were the marui does the same with a little more, it uses the same slide but has a metal receiver to support the slide, then the slide screws into bolt directly.

overall

marui- stronger blowback mech
but has special internals inside gearbox that would be hard to find replacements for
costs more
ares- simple design, easier to work with
100% tm comp.
cheaper
has great spring swap gearbox

thought id let you know if your looking to buy the real deal. if anyones interested i can take pictures of both guns interanls for comparison.
gnarkill

Postby airsoftn00b » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:28 pm

I want to attempt this but don't wanna trash my G36c... Maybe I should just get an Ares...
" Smurf" Leader of Paragon Airsoft
KWA M4 Custom (x2)
KWA MP7
CYMA AK105
Echo 1 G3
UTG Tri-Shot
Several pistols..
airsoftn00b

Return to Gun Discussions