[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - G&P vs. ICS vs. KWA M4/M16 Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

G&P vs. ICS vs. KWA M4/M16

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

G&P vs. ICS vs. KWA M4/M16

Postby shadow99117 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:28 pm

Ok, so I really want to get a nice M4/M16 series gun sometime (not sure when, but just as my next AEG) and I cant decide between these:

G&P: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=28702

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=33596

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=32137

I like G&P for their externals and their internals, but of course they have some long term reliability issues, and I really dont want to have to fix anything. And, if I choose G&P, Im not sure which of these I would choose.

KWA: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=31647

I like KWA mainly for their reliability. I know that I probably wont have to replace much. Sure they have a slow ROF, but the accuracy is great, which is good for me, because where I play, engagement distances are pretty far.

ICS: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=28309

And I like this one, basically because its my dream M4. If I were to customize the externals, this is basically it, except maybe with a different foregrip and some pmag midcaps. As for the internals, this isnt the greatest of the bunch, but its definitely not bad. The split gearbox is a plus too.

So, what do you guys think?

My arsenal:
VFC MK18 mod 0
G&P M14 DMR (a myriad of problems)
G&G Sportline blowback M4
KWA M9 PTP
DE Trishot shotgun
Galaxy MP5K (totally FUBAR)
shadow99117

Re: G&P vs. ICS vs. KWA M4/M16

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby shadow99117 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Have you seen a G&P shoot? A G&P shoots faster on an 8.4V nihm than a KWA on an 11.1V lipo. I really want a good stock gun, that I wont have to upgrade too much. And I would MUCH rather spend money on upgrade parts than spend the money to put in a whole new gearbox. The bad internal parts on the G&P are the gears and the piston, so I might buy extras if (or should I say when) the stock ones break. I have heard mixed reviews of the ICS, and it was last on my list anyway. So, basically, KWA vs. G&P, unless some people can really convince me towards the ICS. I really could care less about FPS, accuracy and ROF matter more. I mean, its worse to be hit 15 times at 350 FPS than 4 times at 410. And as for VFC, I really am not a huge fan, I just think that their guns are a bit overpriced for what you are getting compared to G&P or KWA. So, If you had to choose one of these guns stock, which one would it be?
My arsenal:
VFC MK18 mod 0
KWA M9 PTP
DE Trishot shotgun
shadow99117

Postby swimpat16 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:15 pm

If I were you I'd go with a KWA. The internals, in my experience, are very robust, and you won't have any problems with them. The externals are, to me, all I need. For the price, I would say KWA.

I do want to put in a good word for ICS. If you don't plan on doing regular work on your gearbox, then fine, but EVERYTHING you do with the ICS is more simple with the split gearbox. While, yes, if you have to change the gears or something (?) you would still have to disassemble the lower receiver to get out the lower gearbox, but when you are putting it back together, you don't have the tension from the main spring trying to mis-align everything inside.
swimpat16

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:19 pm

You do know that the reason the G&P shoots harder is because of the M120 motor in it...
Just switch the motor on the KWA to a G&P M120, AMP or Sysyema Magnum motor and you'll be set.

Here is a VFC:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5730
For $280, I think thats a great deal. One of the most realistic AEG's on the market besides a Systema. You might wanna wait because with Echo1 releasing their XCR (VFC did all the internal for this gun just like they did on the Echo1 Platinum Edition), VFC may be doing split gearboxes on their other guns (maybe).
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby shadow99117 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:27 pm

I'm not saying that VFC is bad or anything, because they aren't, but I would just rather have a G&P or KWA.
My arsenal:
VFC MK18 mod 0
KWA M9 PTP
DE Trishot shotgun
shadow99117

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby shadow99117 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:19 pm

Ya, and that will cast MUCH more than my price range. Externals are nice, and I do care about them, but not enough to buy a KWA and a G&P body. So, it would just be one or the other. Now, I wouldnt mind getting a new motor and maybe downgrading the spring on a KWA, but thats not completely necessary. I guess Its really a debate of reliability vs. externals and good, but unreliable internals.
My arsenal:
VFC MK18 mod 0
KWA M9 PTP
DE Trishot shotgun
shadow99117

Postby 21cubs » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:17 pm

Well, and too, KWA is not "slow" out of the box. mine was shooting 400 fps with a 19-21 bps. I am VERY pleased. although I do agree go with the g&p body. I do want to put a G&P body on mine. as well as a daniel defense omega by madbull. and a Magpul 180 dollar ubr stock. got a lot of money i need to save first.lol :D
21cubs

Postby shadow99117 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:32 pm

KWA isn't necessarily slow, its just that G&P is faster.
My arsenal:
VFC MK18 mod 0
KWA M9 PTP
DE Trishot shotgun
shadow99117

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby kirzach » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:24 pm

I doubt that. Even at 19 rounds/sec you're pushing over 1k RPM, which is pretty high.

Also, rate of fire isn't everything. Just sayin'.
С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby airsoftn00b » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:26 pm

" Smurf" Leader of Paragon Airsoft
KWA M4 Custom (x2)
KWA MP7
CYMA AK105
Echo 1 G3
UTG Tri-Shot
Several pistols..
airsoftn00b

Postby trevorst » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:28 pm

What about a g&p is better than a kwa other than trades?

Rof horsesh*t. Run an 11.1 lipo in a g&p and see how long the gears have a shaft. But really that's a plus because then you can put some decent gears in it.

Kwa motor will torque with decent speed.

Hopup. G&p one piece is ok but not the greatest. Kwa two piece I would put up there with marui, and yes I have tested quite a lot both hop ups and have done direct testing on my custom m4.

Compression wise kwa does a lot more with lower levels of spring, saving your gearbox some wear.

2gx stock bucking at stock fps is very good.

Kwa tbb from the factory.

I like g&p but internally they ain't in the same league as a kwa, I guess in the end it comes down to, do you want to look good or perform good?

Unless your a trademark person there is no comparison.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Next

Return to Gun Discussions