[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Good left handed or ambidextrious AEG Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Good left handed or ambidextrious AEG

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Good left handed or ambidextrious AEG

Postby Dobe » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:43 am

My dad and I are trying to find a couple of good AEGs so we can start playing. But I've been doing some research and found out that at Secret City and Highpoint airsoft fields, the AEG fps limit is 380 fps. I've got my eyes on the VFC MK16, which is said to have around 350 fps. My dad has found a VFC M4 style AEG that is ambidextrious, for he is left handed, but the fps is somewhere from 400 to 420 fps. My question is, although I think I know the answer; would that be allowed for an AEG on those fields and if not, what are some good high performance AEGs that are lefty friendly?

Dobe

Re: Good left handed or ambidextrious AEG

Postby vulrath » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:30 am

FPS limits depend entirely on where you're playing. Each field has a different set of rules.

As to the lefty-friendly gun models, there a few out there. There's the P90 (I have the TM), the G36 series, and the MP5 series, just to name a few.
vulrath

Postby SOAP » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:53 am

get a g36
Echo1 m14
jg s system with m203
jg bar10 for sale 15 dollers needs new sears
If its not tactical its not practical
Gunfire is the sound of freedom
DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
SOAP

Postby xandman » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Here if a vid that Redwolf TV did that is all about choices for left handed people. I hope it helps
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , å誉 , å°Šé‡ , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby Dobe » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:16 pm

That video did help alot, thanks for posting it. I am also aware that different fields have different fps limits, but I was hopeing to give all the fields around my area a try. Not to mention, from the pictures I've seen, Highpoint and Secret city look like a couple of cool places to play.
Dobe

Postby grant.94 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:42 pm

i think scars are pretty good ambidextrous rifles, i had one i could do everything from either side
"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland Deschain
grant.94

Postby Big Jon » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:26 am

Don't know about Secret City, but both guns should be field legal at Highpoint.
Legion of Ares
Big Jon

Postby Klaus_Engel » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:18 pm

The video didn't cover the G36 series of weapons surprisingly enough XD
Deutsch von Blut, Memphis durch die Natur.
Klaus_Engel

Postby mtmlegit » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Of course there's always your Magpul PTS ACR. Fully ambidextrious, shoots the fps needed, and can basically share ANYTHING with almost any high-end m4 out there. Not to mention, the quality in those things is unreal.
It doesn't matter who you are on here, how long you've been playing, whatever. Shut the f@ck up. Outside of airsoft and this site noone gives half a stuff about what you have to say. You're not a badass or whatever else you'd like to think. Thanks :)
mtmlegit

Postby Dobe » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:37 pm

I completely forgot about the ACR, and I've watched reviews, and even thought about buying it. Oh what the heck, I've slept since thinking those thoughts. Thanks to everyone for the continued info, and I appreciate how respectful everyone has been so far. Its making a good first impression, not just for the individuals, but for the Airsofting comunity as a whole. I like how everyone is trying to get rid of trouble makers and get the sport a better name, keep up the good work. Its encouraging to someone who is planning on getting into the sport to see such a informative and welcoming community, who is willing to help and give tips.

And, referring to Big Jon's post, I thought 400 to 420 fps for an AEG would be pushing it for a field with a 380(AEG)fps limit?
Dobe

Postby Big Jon » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:56 pm

Taken from Highpoint's rules, but SC is the same on AEGs:
All non-sniper weapons will be chrono’d using .25 gram

AEGs = 380 fps at 20 ft minimum engagement distance.
SAW = 415 fps at 50 ft minimum engagement distance.

So, with .25s instead of the .20s that almost every airsoft store uses in their velocity tests you should be fine. Not sure the exact calculation for it, but usually I've seen about a 25-35 fps drop in the 350-400 fps range switching from .2 to .25 BBs. If it wasn't so late I'd look up an equation to throw at you, but fairly sure I am right on this.
Legion of Ares
Big Jon

Postby trevorst » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:43 am

I am left handed, its a big deal with real steel; positioning of features is important and even more importantly is ejection of shells. Nothing quite like watching shell casings fly in front of your face while shooting....shell deflectors only deflect the shells straight up in the air and down my shirt....such fun.

Airsoft, unless its a bolt action sniper rifle this is not remotely an issue. At the most buy an aftermarket mag release.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby Dobe » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:48 am

Dobe

Postby Big Jon » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:30 am

Considering you are increasing the weight of the projectile 25%, not really.
Legion of Ares
Big Jon

Postby Dobe » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:05 am

Now in referrence to the ACR, I only see two irks that I have with the gun. My first irk is that there are no rails on it. Of course, no rails isn't the worst thing ever, my real steel 20 gauge doesn't have a rail system, but it would have been nice(which this is only for the gun that is released now. I think the 7.62 version has rails). Second, if I played an outdoor game during the rain, wouldn't water get into the battery comparment since it is under the barrel?
Dobe

Next

Return to Gun Discussions