[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - JG AK47 Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

JG AK47

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

JG AK47

Postby jwoodby1983 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:29 pm

I recently bought a JG Full Metal Gear Box about 2 months ago. To start off this is my 1st Airsoft gun. I was curious what I could do to upgrade the FPS. Ive done the research and I understand that you have to upgrade the spring, piston, and buy a more powerful motor. Now the only problem is A. Which spring and which motor do i buy and B who do i get to install it. I live in Gray, TN for those of you unaware of the location it is about an hour and half east of Knoxville. Can someone hit me up with some advice. Also I understand that there is going to be people reading this and thinking wtf why buy a JG the reason why is because I am married, own my own house and all that good stuff so I am on a tight budget. Also the wife doesnt undertstand why I paid $130.00 for a gun and now im wanting to upgrade it lol. Anyways pm or add to this thread. Thanks and God Speed. P.S How do i found out which Version Gearbox this is?

BOLT ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS
sniping is poetry in slow motion, up until you pull the trigger

Team Yukuza- Designated Marksman
Upgraded KJW M700 hpa beast
UTG m324-Sniper Pos Springer
CYMA-AK 47- Bone Stock
jwoodby1983
AirsoftVet

Re: JG AK47

Postby not_a_member » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:36 pm

First off, most, if not all, AK's have a V3 gearbox.

Second, the spring will create the most noticeable change in FPS. But the more powerful the spring, the more strain it will put on the various parts of the gearbox. Unless you barely upgrade, you'll have to almost replace everything in the gearbox.

Third, JG's already shoot pretty hot as a stock gun, considering they sometimes reach 450 FPS... you'll barely be able to play at any fields without an engagement distance given to you. Why not LOWER the FPS a bit (350-375?) and upgrade the rate of fire? That'd probably be the wiser choice.

Fourth, if you decide to get a motor, it should probably be a medium length motor. Any AEG spring will work; pay attention to the numbers to choose your FPS (Example: M120 springs average at about 400 FPS).

Hope this helps!
not_a_member

Postby the_stange » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:21 pm

the_stange

Postby chrisw670 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:37 pm

"The problem with people today is they talk about their rights and privileges instead of their duties and obligations" - Lou Holtz
chrisw670

Postby not_a_member » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:41 pm

not_a_member

Postby trevorst » Sun May 01, 2011 5:27 pm

I would get some steel bushings, an m120 spring, spring guide, maybe new piston depending upon which jg piston is in it (they have a supercore clone in some guns that is pretty decent).

Modify 6mm or 7mm bushings (depending on which gearbox you got)
Madbull m120 or Guarder SP110 spring
SHS Supercore clone piston
Modify V3 spring guide
alternatively Guarder, Modify, Hurricane, etc... all make upgrade kits for your gun making it a one stop shop, and they will usually also include a piston/cylinder head.

JG motor is actually pretty decent and could be very good depending on which motor you got lucky and got.

That will put you at 400 fps and fairly durable, if you decide to improve accuracy also look into a tightbore barrel, madbull, JBU, prometheus, systema, edgi, pdi, all depends on what you want to spend...

Welcome to the wonderful world of tricities airsoft, it was a pleasure shooting and getting shot by you today (I was the old geezer with the M14... :D )
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby Duy556 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:43 pm

JGs should already be shooting in the upper 300s shouldn't they? If so, you can just perfect the airseal enough to get it right under 400(JGs usually have horrid compression from what I've seen).
Mountain Men Malitia
Forrest Tennessee Rifles

"The less you fear judgement, the less you will judge...Be your own person."
Duy556

Postby trevorst » Sun May 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Really depends on th JG Duy, I have a JG aug a2 that shot maybe 320, and a JG g3 that shot 310, and on the other side a JG Aug A3 that shot 440. It really depends on if the model he has came with the "enhanced" gearbox. My A2 and G3 had plastic bushings, junk spring guide, horrible shimming, crappy piston, etc... The A3 had metal bearings, beefy supercore clone piston, nice polycarb piston head, really decent gearbox.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby Milandrew » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:40 pm

I also had the JG AK tactical..I had all the same problems...Loose flashider/front ironsight,lost the butcap and selector switch,lol..ROF was about 800 rpm and was fairly accurate...The hop up is behind the breach and is a slider type...mine also didnt like staying in one spot so much...

I made my own suppressor and added an upper rail for a scope and was happy "Before the problems started that is,lol..
Milandrew

Return to Gun Discussions