[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - (G&G) Combat Machine thoughts Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

(G&G) Combat Machine thoughts

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

(G&G) Combat Machine thoughts

Postby Dobe » Tue May 24, 2011 12:15 pm

I've decided that instead of really plunking down big bucks off the bat, mainly because I'm trying to save money for after high school(and because I just don't have alot of money to spend), I've begun to look at the g&g combat machine m4/m16 series. Does anyone have any experience with these guns and are they quality products?

Dobe

Re: (G&G) Combat Machine thoughts

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Save your money.
Watch here on the forum in the For Sale section for a TM or KWA to pop up.
A TM on here can go for CHEAP and a KWA will go for about $200-230 used depending on what comes with it.

Put a WTB ad on the For Sale section for a TM/KWA. Just watch the For Sale section for one to pop up.

Other brands that are good to look for:
TM
KWA
VFC (Just stay away from their E-Series, It's terrible)
King Arms

Hint: Guy on here named Xandman sells TM's with upgrades/Custom guns for a very good price. Look for a thread from him. He basically sells a TM with the upgrades you would've put in it and then knocks the price down.
Great guy
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Dobe » Tue May 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Thanks for the info. I've known VFC and KWA, along with Magpul and Ares(I think), were good brands but I'll look into king arms also.

Edit: I've actually looked around at King Arms and found their Fn Fal to be of interest. I'm open to opinions on these guns if anyone has them.
Dobe

Postby nismobuddie » Thu May 26, 2011 8:09 pm

I have a KWA Sr-10 2GX and have no problems to report. KWA has really beefy internals, and can handle what, a m150 stock? They are also lipo ready. Mines accurate at 190ft, all stock.

Combat Machines is probably the best price friendly gun on the market. I have the NBB M16, and i have no problems to report with it either, except its somewhat wobbly. CMs also have a pretty good ROF on a 9.6v, and have decent range. Not kwa range, but decent.

PM with questions on either, and I will help you to the best of my ability.
My Weaponry:

KWA SR-10
KWA M9 PTP
CM M16
ECHO 1 M28
nismobuddie

Postby BigRed1 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:13 pm

I've been looking around at guns with my sons, who are young and going crazy to get into the sport. Have been very pleased at what I'm seeing with Combat Machines AEG's. I'm not the foremost expert, mind you, but they seem to be in the same range at Echo1 and the like -- but maybe a step up. Definitely worth looking into for a good starter purchase for those entering the sport.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby BigRed1 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:05 pm

@ FluffyBoy: Never been as much of a TM man as you are, but that's just personal opinion. Definitely agree that getting a high-end gun used can be a good way to go as well.
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:09 pm

Last edited by Fluffy Boy 32 on Fri May 27, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby BigRed1 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:17 pm

No problem, and was a good perspective! Bottom line for the OP: Either getting a good entry-level gun (Echo1, Combat Machines) or a well taken care of used high-end gun can be a great way to go. 8)
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby chrisdetrin » Fri May 27, 2011 7:27 pm

id avoid them personaly.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Dobe » Sat May 28, 2011 11:14 am

I was at Parafrog recently(yesterday actually) and one of the guys there recommended G&G for entry level weapons, so I'm probably going with that simply because I don't have the funds for a high end AEG right off the bat.
Dobe

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat May 28, 2011 2:02 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby BigRed1 » Sat May 28, 2011 10:08 pm

Dobe, we're probably going the same route when my sons buy their starter guns. Let us know how you like yours when you get it!
Last edited by BigRed1 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby Dobe » Sun May 29, 2011 7:02 am

I'll do it.
Dobe

Postby Hal9000 » Sun May 29, 2011 7:48 am

If you're looking for a used TM, Big Jon has one for sale at a really good price.
Hal9000

Next

Return to Gun Discussions