[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - LR300 rear sight position Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

LR300 rear sight position

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

LR300 rear sight position

Postby MILSIM » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:02 am

This has always bugged me. WHY does everyone insist on mounting the rear sight to their LR300 at the front of the receiver rail?

I have heard people argue that Z-M, the previous manufactuer puts the sight there from the factory, and that all LR300s look like this so not to worry about it.

HOWEVER, different variants of the LR300 have conventionally laid out sights, proving that its not a design-specific placement. After all its essentially an M4 with a castrated bolt carrier, spring loaded gas plunger and a folding stock. It shares the same ballistic characteristics of any other 5.56mm Armalite variant.

The rear sight is the same aperture as an AR 15, M4, M16 etc. It is adjustable for elevation and windage in the same manner as the other rifles mentioned. Obviously, mounting this sight further forward simply makes the precision aperture useless, as eye relief at that distance will prevent seeing both the front sight post and the target. The distance between the rear and front sights being shortened produces much more room for error when lining up the sights to shoot at a target, such as the AK pattern rifle with a similarly distal rear sight. (Thus why the Finns and Israelis chose to mount a more precise rear sight at the back of the receiver to produce a more accurate platform in the hands of a confident shooter.

So, long story short...I find it ugly and pointless to mount an LR300 sight so far forward. If one were to mount it in its proper position from an aesthetical point of view, then take the time to adjust the elevation accordingly to regain a proper sight picture, zero the rifle, would the world come to an end?

You'd be surprised what you can hit when you aim.

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Re: LR300 rear sight position

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Dude, why did you feel the need to devote an entire thread to this? While this may be incorrect sight placement, who cares? It is all personal preference, and besides, in airsoft, iron sights have much less accuracy than in the real world, so if an extra 5 inches of eye relief makes your toy gun less accurate, compensate for it.
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Last edited by chrisdetrin on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby MaCaTtAcK » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:49 pm

whoa whoa whoa
MaCaTtAcK

Postby zoyoshonu » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:02 pm

You, sir, are and f*cking r'tard. Have you ever even used an LR-300? Obviously not. I, on the other hand, have owned three of them - and never once was the rear sight being mounted so far forward an issue. You can take your theory on precision marksmanship and shove it up your ass, because if you can't see the front sight - let alone the target - through the precision rear aperture, you need to get your eyes checked and you have no business shooting a gun, real or airsoft. This isn't a problem with the gun, it's called USER ERROR.

kthxbai.

P.S. - Your mother was a hamster.

P.P.S. - Look at his signature. "I don't play airsoft, I simulate warfare." Really? LOL someone takes himself waaaayyyy too seriously. He has an erroneous opinion of the rear sight of an airsoft gun, therefore, he must be an expert.
zoyoshonu

Postby -EAF- » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Um.......I didn't even know there was a LR300.....Let alone people having problems with putting the sight up front besides on the back.
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby Dannick » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:07 pm

What is this... I don't even....

Almost everything I've heard from you has been something to the effect that you're some "super l33t military simulator". If you don't like it, deal with it. If it bothers you THAT much to where you have to post an entire thread about it, why don't you go out an buy every person's LR300 that has the sight set forward and change it. Just to make you happy. Because clearly, everything has to be to your satisfaction.

I leave you with this face.

Dannick out.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm

*My new favorite (Soon to be locked most likely) thread*
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby ProfessorCrow » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:12 pm

I do wonder how this will end ...

-CroW
Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Postby airsoftn00b » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:14 pm

This is gonna get interesting. Detrin, I LOL'd.
" Smurf" Leader of Paragon Airsoft
KWA M4 Custom (x2)
KWA MP7
CYMA AK105
Echo 1 G3
UTG Tri-Shot
Several pistols..
airsoftn00b

Postby MILSIM » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:15 pm

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:25 pm

"Sitting in an airsoft game spraying away with a hicap while glancing along the side of the weapon to adjust the fall of your BBs is one thing. I am however speaking of the real steel Z-M LR300."

GBBsR1337hicapssux bashing aside, this is TN Airsoft.com, not AR15.com. It is stated in the rules to not discuss real steel. If you wanted "enlightenment" about why LR300 rear sights are farther forward, you should have reformatted your post so it does not seem like you are just bitching.

"...I find it ugly and pointless to mount an LR300 sight so far forward. If one were to mount it in its proper position from an aesthetical point of view, then take the time to adjust the elevation accordingly to regain a proper sight picture, zero the rifle, would the world come to an end?"

I don't see anything asking is there a reason for this...
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby Abraxas » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:30 pm

...I don't think you realize who you're talking to, MILSIM.

I look forward to seeing how this thread progresses.

▲
▲ ▲

Abraxas

Postby MILSIM » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:32 pm

no, maybe not. I'll admit my first post wasn't worded right and I am sort of rectifying my position here. Im not bashing hicaps, though I do hold them in disdain. I am just making an extreme comparison between what "aiming and accuracy" means in airsoft, and what it means on a real weapon. My mistake for not noticing real-steel rules. I thought "gun discussion" might have been a good place for this.

and who would I be talking to? Just out of curiosity before I talk myself into a hole here

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Postby Abraxas » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:37 pm

Oh you'll find out soon enough. Just know that zoyoshonu is VERY knowledgeable when it comes to firearms, as well as airsoft. His experience extends FAR beyond "a dolled up M4 AEG".
  ▲
▲ ▲

Abraxas

Next

Return to Gun Discussions