[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - G&P M4A1 Challenge Kit Thread Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

G&P M4A1 Challenge Kit Thread

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: G&P M4A1 Challenge Kit Thread

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:14 pm

JB Weld is my new best friend!

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:17 pm

Huzzah!

I've also received a shipping notification from PX. My body shipped today; I'll probably use one of the bodies for a completely custom build (haven't decided yet as I haven't looked at the new one; the one with the nicer quality is going to be the one), complete with Prime LPK and everything.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:57 am

Ok, This should be my last question. The gun I'm trying to replicate requires a certain rail and the rail alone costs upward of $300 so I'm probably going with the Airsoft Version that includes the barrel, rail, gas tube, etc.

I was told that the threads will be different and I'll probably have to pick up a barrel nut that can use an AEG rail on a GBBR. Maybe I'm just overlooking it but I can't seem to find it...

Also, This just popped in my head that I probably won't be able to use the barrel of that kit because the place for the GBBR hop up won't be there. I can pick up a WA barrel that is a replica of the barrel in the kit but will I still be able to use the gas block with the barrel?
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:10 am

I don't know anything about rails, so I can't really help you there (mine's deliberately railless, remember?).

The gas block isn't specific to one barrel or one gas tube (the one from my gun is the same as yours, which is the same as the one that comes with the Magpul challenge kit which is the same as the one that you can buy separately...get what I'm sayin'?). As long as everything fits together and the pins will go through, then you're fine. G&P is built to WA spec (always remember that WOC is an acronym for "WA Official Custom" - they're licensed by Western Arms to produce full-metal versions of the WA guns, presumably by using the original data from WA's R&D department). Each GBBR part G&P makes is designed to be a direct drop-in replacement for its WA counterpart.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:24 am

Yeah, I knew all that already...
I'll do some digging and see what I'll need for the rail to fit.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:48 am

Okay, I'm changing this thread slightly now to chronicle the build of my GBB DMR. To that end, I bought an AABB metal body, and I got to pick it up from the Post Office last night.

So far, I'm impressed with the build quality, with a couple of exceptions:

- I had to take a small file to each of the holes for the body pins in order for them to move freely. However, this is a minor gripe.
- The hole where you put the screw to hold the firing pin block on the lower receiver is missing. It seems like it's been started, but I have to find the appropriate size drill bit and hit it in a drill press to finish out the hole.
- They gave me the wrong size spring for the front pivot pin detent. There was also an issue with how they cut the front pin. Luckily the receiver is compatible with real steel pins, so I cut an extra spring I had for my AR15 and used a real pin.

Aside from that, the finish is excellent (I'd rate it better than my real DPMS AR lower), and the Troy trades are a nice touch.

I still have a laundry list of parts that I need, so this is far from finished.
vulrath

Postby vulrath » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:35 am

I managed to take a quick shot of the lower in question before I had to leave for work. I'll get some more photos when I get home from work tonight.

vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:05 pm

That's a really nice lower!

Also, I still have yet to install the grub screw for my trigger guard (it sticks in there so I never bothered to put it in) and was wondering what is the best way of putting the grub screw in (never really worked with grub screws before...)? I read that article on how to install the trigger guard but it doesn't say much about the grub screw installation. I'm probably just missing something.

When you're reassembling your gun, could you take a picture of your forward assist? I'm trying to see if my mechanism holes were drilled wrong or what.
Thanks!
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:31 pm

I just screwed it in there with a hex wrench. It went in easily enough, and it's stayed put. The trigger guard that came with the challenge kit is NOT RS-spec because it doesn't have that little spring-loaded tab.

The AABB receiver came with a RS-styled trigger guard (not pictured). Haven't installed it yet, but that should be a breeze. In fact, the only challenge I really see is the hole that I have to drill that I mentioned, and the hard part all in finding a drill press that someone's willing to let me use.

It's my opinion that the forward assist is just a bitch to assemble. It took me like 3 tries and a lot of cussin' (despite popular opinion, it does help) to get it in right.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Previous

Return to Gun Discussions