[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - G&P M4A1 Challenge Kit Thread Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

G&P M4A1 Challenge Kit Thread

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: G&P M4A1 Challenge Kit Thread

Postby vulrath » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:59 pm

I used a pair of these to get the damned pins in.

vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:01 am

Got everything together except for the forward assist which I'm beginning to think the holes weren't drilled right (if someone could show me theirs/link me to how they are supposed to look like/how to install them then that would be great) so I gave up and moved on to the final things. Installed the grip, put the stock on and when I went to put the trigger guard in, I tapped the pin in and this happened:

So I'm pissed as ever because I know I'm probably going to have to pay a pretty penny to pay for a new lower. I don't mind changing everything out because it really wasn't that hard to drop everything in. I guess I can use this as an excuse to look for a Larue Lower for my project gun. Guess that's about the only bright side and it ain't too bright...

Let me know if I could somehow get this fixed and if you think this may be a defect or what. Do you guys think Evike would take the lower back and give me a new one?

Man, This sucks! :cry:

Edit: Do you guys think I could JB weld it (or use another holding substance) to reattach it? It's not really something that will be moving or have a lot of contact so something that would hold it on really well would work right? Then in the future I can upgrade to a steel body if I need to.

Would that work?
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:12 am

You might be able to say it came to you like that. You'd have to be careful to make sure you have as few tool marks as possible on the gun. Another option is to just replace the lower. If you're going to do that and you don't want to spend a lot of money, you should look at AABB bodies. Decent quality for about half the price of a G&P lower. They're a current favorite of the guys over on GGI.

I probably should have done the trigger guard in my guide (honestly, I forgot it was there; I had just internals on my mind) - it doesn't help you now, but you need to brace the back of the "dog ears" that you tap the roll pin into, so that exactly this doesn't happen. Alternatively, you could have lined it up and pressed it in a vise, or do what I originally did and clamp it in slowly and progressively with a pair of vise-grips.

This is the tool I mean:
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:37 am

Do you think I could JB weld it on?
Also, The grub screw goes in the hole where clostest to the magwell correct? Mine just sits in there and falls out. You may have to step me through the trigger guard. Lol

If I can just JB weld the piece back on for now, I'd be happy and when I get the money down the road, I can pick up a steel body.

Also, could you take a picture of the outside of your forward assist (where the pin hole is)? I want to see if it's my body that wasn't drilled properly or the mechanism. If it's the mechanism then I'll just pick up a new one. It's like no matter what I do, the holes themselves won't match up...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:46 am

That should work in theory.

The best guide I can give for the trigger guard is the one on . Scroll down to where you see them using a visegrip (as seen in the photo in my last post).

The trigger guard is indeed supposed to have that screw in the front (side with only one hole); check to see that it's the right grub screw - I recall multiple screw sizes used, in both diameter and in length.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:32 pm

Ok, Thanks for the help. I'm going to try the JB Weld method and hopefully that will hold for some time. I'm going to go by Lowes and they may recommend something different that can hold it in place better.

Thanks for all the help!
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby cypher » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:14 am

Orrr you could do what a lot of people do who break their real steel lower receivers and go with this grip http://shop.starkequipment.com/product.sc?productId=1

I'm not sure if the grips are interchangeable on gbbr and real steal, but if they are it's something else to consider.

Also I'm pretty sure they don't make steel receivers for airsoft seeing as all the real steel receivers are aluminum. The trigger guard ears are one of the weakest points on the receiver so you will have to learn how to properly install a trigger guard no matter what receiver you get. The vise grip method is one of the easiest to do as vulrath suggested.
cypher

Postby vulrath » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:16 am

WA grips are real-steel spec. That will fit.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:37 am

Well, What I went ahead and put the pin through both of the holes and got the trigger guard into place, then I just put the JB Weld on the place and let it sit. Then it will be in it's natural position that it normally would be.

I did however figure out that the reason the thing broke off because the hole wasn't even close to being big enough. I have to take a drimel and take a good amount out of the hole just for the pin to go through and it still fit TIGHT. Kinda mad about that now that I know that...

Hopefully the JB Weld will hold me down for now until I have the exttra cash to drop on another lower/body set. Anybody know of any bodies that stand out from all the rest for a decent price
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:43 am

vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:50 am

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:04 am

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index ... s_id=12409

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index ... s_id=12410

The site's legit. I've thrown a decent amount of money their way, and they've never disappointed.

EDIT: They're out of stock there, but it gives you an idea of what to look for.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:45 am

Links didn't work but I went to their Metal Receiver section and looked through there. Is the brand AABB?

For some weird reason, I kind of want to get one of the clear bodies for the fun of it. Would look pretty cool!
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Yup, that's them. From what I've read, they make some really good stuff. I have 5 of their nozzle return springs awaiting use in the event of the inevitable effup that I know is going to happen and leave the current spring (another AABB) mangled beyond recognition.

Another source to try (I'm actually buying one right now to change into shortly) is P-X Airsoft. They currently have a special - order the AABB body they have for $40, and they're offer free airmail on it. This is the site that I got my anti rotation links from, as well as my lightened recoil spring.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Ok, I feel stupid. Went outside to check to see of the stuff dried and it was still wet. Looked at the package and it said I was supposed to MIX the tube of tar with the hardener. Lol

Guess I'll have to do that when I get back home later...I'll let you guys know how it holds when it's done.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Discussions