[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - G&P M4A1 Challenge Kit Thread Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

G&P M4A1 Challenge Kit Thread

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: G&P M4A1 Challenge Kit Thread

Postby vulrath » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:48 pm

Not a problem...I've been meaning to do this for a while. I just spoke with xandman, and he's agreed to put my guide in the Armorer's section, so people don't have to wade through 6 pages of notes to get to the picture book.

vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Well, Looks like UPS decided to give me the finger and wait until Monday to deliver the kit. Great...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby cowboy117 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:03 pm

cowboy117

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:27 pm

No, They just originally said it would be here the 17th and I checked it this afternoon and it was still in Memphis and the ETA had changed to the 19th so I think something may have happened in Memphis that held it up. Guess that's better though, will give me a whole spare day to do my Glock 26c teaser video for my channel 8)
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:22 pm

UPS (Santa) just dropped the package at my door.
*Throw everything off workbench*
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Any tips for getting the hammer to go in? I can't get the bearings to stay still. Also, the little "spring" in one of the big bearings is missing. Will I need it or can I go ahead and take the one out of the other and not have them at all?
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Remember...I cheated. I bought something like this: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=35862 With the stock bushings, I had the same problems.

I then paired it up with a set of anti-rotation links, and I never have to mess with those stupid lock washers ever again (honestly, I played a couple of games with the stock hammer pin and without the washer and nothing happened, so you might be able to do the same, at least for a little while).

Also, what spring? I'm not familiar with any spring that's supposed to go there except the actual hammer spring, and that looks like this: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=31703
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:12 pm

I got the whole lower assembled, now I can't get the pins into the forward assist!
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Ok, My bolt came preassembled as well as my charging handle so I just dropped those into the upper and I was done so I have both the upper and lower receiver complete except for the Forward Assist (Stupid Pin won't fit through the mechanism itself) and the Trigger Guard (Pins hate me). Also, On your trigger guard, do you only have 3 holes drilled (meaning two closest to the grip and one next to the magwell)?

Also, I forgot to put in the spring that is supposed to be for the rear locking pin (It may have already been installed because I didn't see it anywhere in the baggies).

That's about it.

Help me on those two last things?

I had to stop working/filming because:
1) I ran out of memory on my memory card (8GB for 1080p doesn't go far)
2) My mom made me come in because it was getting late/cold so I'll have to assemble the front end tomorrow (Any tips on that)?

So far your lower assembly tutorial was great and everything pretty much dropped into place. I went into detail on a few things you did in the tutorial just so people wouldn't be confused when they looked at the tutorial because some things are a little hard to explain with a picture...

Can't wait to get the gun together (order a mag) and get started editing the video tutorial together!
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:09 am

On the trigger guard, it's like that on the real-steel, too. The G&P system is a little retarded (they give you all these instructions on how to put the thing together, and then basically hand you a roll pin on one side and a long grub screw on the other), but it's fully compatible with real-steel trigger guards (and those will come with the tab and spring that's shown in the G&P manual).

No fair...I had to assemble my delta ring and bolt myself (messed up quite a few return springs like that - I now keep at least 5 extras). Let me tell you - the G&P nozzles are by far the best. I bought an Element nozzle, and it's absolutely terrible - gas leaks like, well, leaky gas. That caused FPS drops, wasted gas, the whole 9 yards. Tried everything I could think of, until I made the G&P work and switched back. Worked like a charm until I smashed up the nozzle face because it jammed and I didn't notice. I now have an Element front, but a G&P rear. As soon as I have an extra $50 lying around (not going to happen anytime soon since my car died and I owe obscene amounts of money on it now) I'll replace it, but it works well enough for now.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:49 am

As far as the roll pins in the Forward assist, do I just hold them with tweazers and beat them in or what? I'm going to put the front end on tomorrow so if I run into any problems/any parts I have no clue where they go, I'll let you know...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:53 am

I used a pair of channel lock pliers covered with electrical tape to push the pin in (just take it one little notch on the pliers at a time), but not until after I took a hobby knife and scraped a little off the inside and opened the hole just a hair.

Also, there should be a link somewhere in this thread to the video I used when I assembled my hop up. Watch it. It's important.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:56 am

I took mine a pressed it to make it smaller, still wouldn't go through so it should probably go through if I used your method. Thanks for the help! I'll let you know if I have any other questions when I have the thing all together..
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Any tips for putting the delta ring together? Thing is a pain!

Edit: Problem I'm having is that the small ring that goes between the body and the Delta Ring (not the springy one, the flat one) won't go on. If I can get it to snap into the little groove I can screw the D-ring right on but it wont slip onto that groove...

Feeling stupid Edit: Went to Harbor Freight and Tool and picked up a set of snap ring pliers. Using those, I put the whole barrel together...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:09 pm

Ok, I'm on my LAST thing and them I just have to put the trigger guard, stock and grip on.

HOW DO YOU GET THE PIN THROUGH THE FORWARD ASSIST??? I'm about ready to throw the thing through the wall so any help would be appreciated...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Discussions