[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - PolarStar Fusion Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

PolarStar Fusion

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

PolarStar Fusion

Postby trevorst » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Anyone else been following the PolarStar Fusion engines?

Those who havent here is what they are http://www.shortyusa.com/explain.html?t ... -15%20EPAR

Everything old is new again :D Myself I am excited about it and plan on getting one customized for an SR25 :D

Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Re: PolarStar Fusion

Postby goga333 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:47 pm

I have seen it and it interests me greatly, but I would like to see some independent testing before I jump on the bandwagon.
R.I.P Big D.
goga333

Postby trevorst » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:25 am

Xandman's store in Elizabethton is getting a demo, I just found out they are now an authorized dealer :D .
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby goga333 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:49 am

sweet I will have to check that out the next time I am am over there, also do you know how reliable those HPA rigs are I don't want to have to pay a 100$+ every 10k rounds
R.I.P Big D.
goga333

Postby trevorst » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:00 am

Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
trevorst

Postby xandman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:58 am

Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , 名誉 , 尊重 , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby Smartkid312 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Where can you get just the drop in and not just the gun because this would be awesome in my G3.
Jg g3 foregrip on the side and some sparying and praying. Now an m4 shooting 30 rps and maybe even more. Go team cold blooded rangers! When I'm playing on black team you can call me Tapout(thanks to gunny aw gunny). HOOAH!
Smartkid312

Postby trevorst » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:43 pm

Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
trevorst

Postby Smartkid312 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Well when it happens expect me to have one in my g3 sas with msg90 buttstock.
Jg g3 foregrip on the side and some sparying and praying. Now an m4 shooting 30 rps and maybe even more. Go team cold blooded rangers! When I'm playing on black team you can call me Tapout(thanks to gunny aw gunny). HOOAH!
Smartkid312

Postby trevorst » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:38 pm

Well I have had my grubby hands on the fusion engine for a few days now so I thought I would give my initial impressions.

Installation was a little tricky, required a little modification to the selector. By the way, Polarstar has the absolute best customer service in the book; Ben has been a pleasure to work with and is extremely knowledgeable.

Straight up just running defaults with a red nozzle I was cranking out 610 fps at 20rps, and yes I know that is over field limits everywhere but I had to stretch its legs LOL.

Trigger response in closed bolt is real steel like, worlds better than any AEG I have ever shot before and that would include the ones running extreme fire cheetah's

ROF is pretty easy to tweak into the 40s

Nozzle's are very easy and quick to change, requires two screws to be removed and can be done in about 2m

The big drawback in everyone's eyes the tank and hose is easily hid, once you sling your rifle its completely forgotten about. It should be a non issue.

Being able to control the volume of air in a barrel is huge, along with being able to control pretty much every facet of the guns operation without turning a screw.

Ran three tanks full of air today on a duracell 9v battery.... it still is running.

3rnd burst at the flick of a switch.... or 5 rnd or 9 rnd or....

Only downside is it likes air and its a pain getting them filled, if you run it at full 120psi it will drain a tank pretty quickly (luckily I purchased one 68ci, and two 48ci tanks lol)

This gun is a game changer, I hope everyone decides they are horrible, paintballish, unrealistic, etc...
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
trevorst

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby trevorst » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
trevorst

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Oh, Now I get it.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby ProfessorCrow » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Postby swimpat16 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:58 pm

That is a valid concern Crow.

My draw to it would be the reliability due to the lack of moving parts and the flexibility over an AEG.

After a little poking around, I saw someone mention being able to use the 12g CO2 cartridges found at Walmart. If this were true, would it be possible to fit a regulator and then a CO2 cartridge in perhaps an AR15 style full stock, so as to eliminate the need for the tank on your back? Obviously, the cartridges would have to be changed out several times per game, but it might be worth it. Just some thoughts.

Also, one other concern. Would these be allowed at large (Lion Claws) events? If their power can be adjusted with the regulator (or am I mistaken on the way the rigs work) a dishonest player could simply turn up the fps to dangerous levels.
swimpat16

Next

Return to Gun Discussions