[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - KWA sr7 Devgru!!! Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

KWA sr7 Devgru!!!

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

KWA sr7 Devgru!!!

Postby Black Hand Tattoo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:49 am

Well, i finally got it yesterday!! this thing is beast!!! however, i would like to get a lil bit better range and accuracy, i know its a cqb gun, but what upgrades would be best to run while keeping it under fps limits for cqb..... and if a 6.01 is the answer.....can i still run full auto, i mean i dont go all rambo, but will that mess up a barrel over time?

Black Hand Tattoo

Re: KWA sr7 Devgru!!!

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:59 am

Being that your going to be in more of a CQB environment, I would recommend just going with a 6.03. When you use a 6.01, it will be more maintenance and personally, I would only use one in a DMR/Sniper. 6.03 would probably be your best bet. Get a good hop up/bucking combo to go with it and you will be good to go.

Just don't cheap out and get a lower quality barrel, Look into a Promy barrel. It's expensive but worth it...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby trevorst » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:52 pm

I would stick with the stock KWA barrel over most of the 6.03 barrels, unless of course like fluffy stated you are going to pony up the coin and get a prom, or a pdi which will come with their own set of issues on a kwa (re: barrel thickness and bucking types). EdGi makes a barrel that is kwa hopup/bucking friendly also.

If it was me I would enjoy my SR7 its pretty much perfect for what it was made for as is.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:58 pm

Yeah, I would do the same. Just wanted to answer his question though.

Run it until it dies or is in need for something. KWA's are great guns but when you start messing with them, you kill their perfection.

As far as using a different barrel/hop up/bucking combo, you would probably have to switch to a different Air Nozzle (which would mess up KWA's perfect compression) unless you used an EdGi like trevorst said that is KWA hop up friendly.

Conclusion: just run it and love it...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Black Hand Tattoo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:01 pm

thanx guys, i kinda figured that, im noticing the more i shoot it, the more the hop up is "settling in". when i first adjusted , i noticed no difference, now i do a lil bit......
thanx again!!!
Black Hand Tattoo

Postby xghostmakerx » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:52 pm

I put in a 120 spring and a 6.03 and my SR7 is my field gun. I get all the range I want out of it
xghostmakerx

Postby Black Hand Tattoo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:16 am

what fps are you gettin?
Black Hand Tattoo

Postby chrisw670 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:49 pm

The best thing I ever did with my KWA to improve performance was get rid of that 2G bucking. I tried 3 different 2G buckings and never did get the hopup response that I thought it should be produce. The hopup needed to be turned almost all the way up to produce adequate hop. I replaced the 2G with a 50 degree Bravo bucking and nub and it made all the difference in the world in how the hop up responds. The fit is pretty good. A little more snug than the 2G but it goes in pretty easy.
"The problem with people today is they talk about their rights and privileges instead of their duties and obligations" - Lou Holtz
chrisw670

Postby Black Hand Tattoo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:32 pm

yea, thats exactly what i need to do.... i hate the 2g bucking, i honestly dont like the hop up at all, im going by airsoft tactical in the morning so hopefully i can find something else there....im getting shots off to the right now, the nub wasnt engaging at all because it was too long to fit in the recess, i got it to work but like you said im getting hardly any response from it!!!
Black Hand Tattoo

Postby chrisw670 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:07 pm

"The problem with people today is they talk about their rights and privileges instead of their duties and obligations" - Lou Holtz
chrisw670

Return to Gun Discussions