[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - rebuilding ics m4 split gb Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

rebuilding ics m4 split gb

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

rebuilding ics m4 split gb

Postby wingzero » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:32 pm

i bought a very used and worn ics m4. weve rebuilt almost everything in the gearbox minus the trigger assembly and the lower gb shell. i put a inline fuse on the wiring as well.

the problem: even with a fully charged 9.6 it sounds like its almost dead and very very lower rof. and most of the time it just stops doing anything all together... quetion 1 is, could the trigger assembly be arching bad enough to short out the internals to do this to the gun?

problem 2: the ics airnozzle is a pos basically and i have a very nice oringed nozzle but it looks like when i use that one that it may be slightly too long and stops the mags from feeding... ive been told a new/different tappit plate may fix it, the question is what am i looking for to fix the problem... what brand/type of plate might fix it? its a very small difference in length on the nozzles

Parallel 38 - Bravo
Operation Irene X - Delta - 4-1
VFC mark 18 mod 1 custom
wingzero
AirsoftVet

Re: rebuilding ics m4 split gb

Postby keesbb1 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:17 pm

The problem sounds like it's the lower gearbox is not shimmed properly, that is why the rate of fire is so slow it's in a bind, the air nozzle could be too long. I had problems with the tavor I rebuilt having the same issue not feeding. I shaved down the new air nozzle( it was metal) johns ics m4 wouldn't feed because the tappit plate had a wore spot on it letting it slip off from the sector gear not letting the air nozzle go back far enough all off the time. one question is does your battery get hot when you are firing, if so that is usually a sign of improper shimming of the gears.
Parallel 38 Bravo Company Commander (Razorbacks)
keesbb1

Postby vulrath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:53 am

What kind of spring are you pulling back? If you're trying to pull anything higher than an M120 spring, I would expect to see something like the symptoms you describe.

I would also second checking the shimming; it sounds to me like it's probably shimmed too tight, if it isn't just battery silliness. Even then I'd make sure it's properly shimmed by reshimming it from scratch.
vulrath

Postby Lancer » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:41 pm

I doubt it is the trigger, as before, check the shimming. Beyond that, unless its a stupidly large spring, maybe try a new motor.
Lancer

Return to Gun Discussions