[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - my first gun... Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

my first gun...

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

my first gun...

Postby May0 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:31 pm

I've been looking at a lot of guns and I was going to get your opinions on some. Before I get to that lets get some things outta the way, first off all of these guns are under $200 so I'm not expecting them to last forever but long enough for me to get into the sport- don't argue price point unless you're really wanting to nitpick specs please. Second I realize these models are fairly common, again I'm not looking to be fully decked out just yet I just need to get into the game. Third, why so many MK36 variants? its because SHUT YOUR FACE. now let the scrutiny begin.

First off two ak variants- they're practically twins though. Stylistically I like them the best, and of all the guns I'm looking at the have the highest FPS which is good in some respects but not in others.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=30465
no tactical grip

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=30466
with a tactical grip

second its a trio of MK36s

The first two are LMG style, one featuring a built in scope while the other is simply iron sights, the shorter brother of the two is a bit friendly size wise and also has a built in scope. Stylistically they feel bland to me, like its the "that gun that one guy was carrying in that one scene of the movie" feel to it. Also the FPS isn't bad but its not as fast as the aforementioned aks, with these guns I'm afraid I'm paying more for the scope and the name brand than I am for the gun but anyway here they are

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=30790
LMG style without the scope

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=30791
LMG style with the x3 scope

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=30789
finally the little brother with a x3 scope and a folding stock, you can't get more generic then this.

Finally my last gun is a somewhat of a cult favorite for me. While it is a version 1 gearbox its FPS should rival the AKs I posted earlier. I love bullpup guns but generally they're more expensive and a bit bit less common then your M4s, G3s and the guns everyone else seems to love. If I had some extra money I'd get but apart from being out of stock its a whopping 450 dollar gun- that's an 4/5 of my paycheck. Whereas the famas I'm looking at settles a less pricey $150

enough exposition though, here it is

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=32598

realistically I could afford any of these guns within my next paycheck if I really wanted to splurge

don't judge a manga by it's anime.
May0

Re: my first gun...

Postby Aerosmith » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:21 pm

The JG G36 line are some of the most solidly built airsoft rifles on the market. They make for great beginner rifles.
Aerosmith

Postby trevorst » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:39 am

I would go JG MK36 LMG without the scope. Or shop one of the local airsoft stores for some of the excellent used bargains, or our forums for that matter.

Hope to see you out on the fields in tricities.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby AirsoftGunz » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:40 am

Out of the guns given, I'm going to have to agree with Aerosmith... the JG G36 is probably the most reliable and will treat you well on the field. But just in case, I have some dirt cheap BRAND NEW guns that haven't been fired yet and it would save you money for a vest, bb's, accessories, or anything else you might need as a beginner. They are all in the $95-110 range and that includes shipping (oh and they retail for $170+). PM me if your interested
AirsoftGunz

Postby May0 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:21 pm

May0

Postby trevorst » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:39 am

I had problems with goggles and eye relief on the scope, your mileage may vary.....
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby vulrath » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:18 pm

If you really want to get a FAMAS, I'd only be willing to suggest TM. They don't make them any more (as far as I know), but there are still a good number of used ones floating around. You might be able to find one for a decent price on different forums. They're also typically more expensive than your price range.

I also have to say, if you want a solid gun that won't let you down, the JG G36 is the way to go, in whatever format you desire. Once you get the base gun down, it's just a matter of deciding what you think looks coolest.
vulrath

Postby David Charlton » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:30 am

Hi...Personally, when I got my G36k, I hated the built in scope. It really sucked buttocks. There are few other HK platforms out that that will give you more variables on your play. 1year a go i have G36C and I'm disappointed the HOP UP is to hard and the barrel not good i sold it again. Then i buy new JG G36K u should try it self then u can compare it these better.

Thanks,
David
A great war leaves the country with three armies - an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves.
David Charlton

Postby vulrath » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:23 am

I have a G36K Frankengun (started life as a TM 36C, now an amalgamation of parts) with a G&P scoped carry handle. To be honest, I actually really like it.

Remember, though, that you can replace the scoped handle with a railed one - it's really easy. Just pop the screws out, push the handle forward (if I remember correctly), and off it comes. Reverse the process to install the new one.

If you do get the scoped one and decide you don't like it, you can always sell the scoped handle. They're less common than you'd think, with all the G36 variants we have floating around here.
vulrath

Postby May0 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:38 pm

May0

Postby Francklen » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:35 am

Great info for sure. I wish I had this when I first bought my 1911, it would have saved me a lot of time. But let's not forget how the gun feels in general. It has to look and feel good to you and only YOU. If you don't like it, then it will never get used and will be a waste of money. But good luck to all that are first timers reading this post! I hope 1911s serve you well.
Francklen

Return to Gun Discussions