[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Glock Imports Illegal? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Glock Imports Illegal?

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Glock Imports Illegal?

Postby Genphlux » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:28 pm

I was shopping around for a G19 replica, since I have a molded kydex holster than I would love to use and it's made to fit a Glock 19, but I am being told that due to trademark laws, it is now illegal to import Glock replica pistols into the USA. Has anyone else encountered this??

-Brandon
Genphlux
Site Admin

Re: Glock Imports Illegal?

Postby SekiRyu » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:42 pm

That sounds a bit fishy. You should be able to get a hold of at least a KWA.
SekiRyu

Postby Genphlux » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Well for what its worth, I am noticing that almost every major site is showing the KWA/KSC Glocks to be out of stock and at least one site showing them as being discontinued. I'm still hunting though...
-Brandon
Genphlux
Site Admin

Postby SekiRyu » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:56 pm

I did some digging, and apparently Glock filed a copyright suit against KWA so they pulled the Glock line from the US.

I don't know of anyone else that makes a G19, except maybe KSC and I thought they were affiliated with KWA anyway.

The Tokyo Marui G17 should still be available, but it's not a 19....couldn't find many in stock either so the other people looking for Glocks might be snatching them up.

I'm starting to miss the hay-day of airsoft.
SekiRyu

Postby vulrath » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:01 pm

They did file a lawsuit. Your best bet for finding one is to look around on various forums' for-sale sections for one. That's what I had to do for my GSPEC, because I wanted a working silencer.

You might be able to find an overseas retailer that's willing to ship into the US, though, because the US is the only country that's been blacklisted as far as I know. Airsoft Global, in fact, has the KSC for $133. I have done a lot of business with them, and they're in my "top 3" of overseas retailers (Redwolf, WGC, and ASG).
vulrath

Postby xandman » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , å誉 , å°Šé‡ , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby SekiRyu » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:39 pm

I checked out Redwolf and couldn't find anything other than the KJWs. The KSCs are all out of stock, as are the Maruis. I really want a Marui G17 too...
SekiRyu

Postby Genphlux » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Well according to this post by a KWA employee, there was never a lawsuit, only a request which they complied with:

http://kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3530

Either way, if anyone runs across one, let me know!
-Brandon
Genphlux
Site Admin

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:43 pm

I may consider selling my KWA G26c possibly. I have a KJW Glock 23 for sale currently though. Just thought I'd throw it out there...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Return to Gun Discussions