[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Need Tech help in the Knoxville area Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Need Tech help in the Knoxville area

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Need Tech help in the Knoxville area

Postby Russel » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Hello everyone. I am looking for someone near K-town to help me get my KWA SR-12 up and running again. After doing a spring swap (130 spring), the stock motor began giving me problems. Everything was reinstalled correctly, and the gearbox will cycle, but when I tried to adjust the motor height, It would act as if the motor is either adjusted too far up, or as if it isn't even contacting the bevel. I got about a full turn of play that the motor can be adjusted, and either extreme will cause it to not fire. After about 5 fuses worth of experimenting, The motor is now stuck. The way a KWA is designed, I can't get the grip off to take out the gearbox. I would take it to Parafrog, but they aren't accepting repairs until the 3rd week in January. If there is anyone that knows what I can do to get this rifle shooting again, or can fix it themselves, please reply or shoot me a private message. Thanks.

Russel

Re: Need Tech help in the Knoxville area

Postby vulrath » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:34 pm

Aren't there a couple of shops near you? At the very least, there should be a couple of individuals willing and able to assist you in your area.

Worst-case scenario, you should be able to ship it to Nashville Airsoft or xandman's shop (something like Tennessee Airsoft or something like that - it's in Elizabethton).
vulrath

Postby Russel » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:28 pm

Parafrog is the only shop in the area that takes repairs. And they aren't taking any in until the 3rd week of January, so I'm out of luck. I put this up hoping that I would find someone local that could hekp me out. I very well may get in touch with xandman. Would you recommend his shops work?
Russel

Postby vulrath » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:46 pm

I haven't sent any guns his way, but he definitely knows his stuff. I would definitely trust him to do the work correctly.
vulrath

Postby Russel » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Ill be sure to get in touch with him, thanks a ton.

To anyone else who sees this and happens to be closer than Elizabethton, the offer its still open.
Russel

Postby Marinelp1 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:16 pm

I recommend his work. That's where I take all my repairs as I'm not a tech yet.. But they do some great work. :D
DSG Magpul G&P Moe Carbine
G&P Viper
KWA SR12
Classic Army Custom M4
KWA MK II M1911
Marinelp1

Return to Gun Discussions