[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Building a gun Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Building a gun

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Building a gun

Postby -EAF- » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Just wondering, how hard would it be to build your own airsoft gun? Like get all the parts and build it from scratch. Nothing like a GBB rifle, just a AEG.

Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Re: Building a gun

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby -EAF- » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:50 pm

I was pricing everything cause I was going to make a Magbull based gun and just everything externally is going to be over $500....Seems kind of pricey, or maybe I'm just picking the pricey things.
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:27 pm

What look are you going for? I could probably help you out some...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Custard » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:53 am

A put together from scratch gearbox could run you from $100 to $300. Just depends on what you want.
Custard

Postby Smartkid312 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:22 am

You can build a magpul based gun cheaper if you use ACM Magpul parts with the exception of the G&P body you could buy MBUS UBR MOE grip or MIAD and a MOE handguard with rails a MS2 sling a ASAP sling adaptor all for 110.63 and it has all correct magpul trademarks and also looks just like the real things. Now pair that with a G&P Magpul body and you have 238.63 and put a cheap buffer tube on it and that bring it up to 256.63 and put a JG enhanced drop in gearbox with a JG red motor and have the gearbox shimmed AOE corrected and a SHS blue piston installed you get around 406.63 or you could just buy the G&P magpul m4 and save a some money.
Jg g3 foregrip on the side and some sparying and praying. Now an m4 shooting 30 rps and maybe even more. Go team cold blooded rangers! When I'm playing on black team you can call me Tapout(thanks to gunny aw gunny). HOOAH!
Smartkid312

Postby -EAF- » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:52 pm

I was going for a M4 look, mainly for C.Q.B with a FPS of no more than 300 but having a ROF almost matching my field M4 of about 49rps with a 9.6v.

Here goes all of the external parts that I found on airsoft GI

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=7924

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5286

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=7998

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5351

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=3068

Also with the gear box, could I get like a ICS gear box and still use it with that kind of body or would I have to get something differnt?
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby -EAF- » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:26 pm

I was also thinking about going with a Magpul front, but I really want a R.I.S rail system maybe.

Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind! Just need to get a lot more cash lol.
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Well you could go with a MagPul mid length barrel, mid length handguard and then throw rails in the places you want them. I have the standard version on my G&P WOC and for the time being it fills it's purpose until I can afford my rail system to finish the gun. If I had the mid-length version I'd be even more happy. The form of the handguard alone is very nice in the hand though!

Mid-length barrel: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=9269
Handguard able to hold battery: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=9065
No battery storage capabilities: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=8095
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Smartkid312 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:08 am

You could also do an ACM rail for a lot cheaper that has proper trademarks and for a DSG you could use the same gearbox with a DSG sector gear SHS 15 tooth blue piston Modify 8mm tempered bushings lonex pom piston head JG red motor Diguised Enemy Mosftet with 30 amp polyfuse shim it to perfection correct AOE radius the gearbox Riot M110 with SGS all for 304.
Jg g3 foregrip on the side and some sparying and praying. Now an m4 shooting 30 rps and maybe even more. Go team cold blooded rangers! When I'm playing on black team you can call me Tapout(thanks to gunny aw gunny). HOOAH!
Smartkid312

Postby cowboy117 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:17 pm

Before you go buying things brand new, dig around on the forums, you can usually find someone selling MagPul stuff and at a little less than retail prices.
cowboy117

Postby -EAF- » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:14 am

Yeah, I figured that. I'm still saving some money up so I can get everything in one go rather than buy part by part.
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby gnarkill » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:07 am

Also internal parts are a lot cheaper over seas .they dont do free shipping but ship by weight . Check out ehobbyasia
gnarkill

Return to Gun Discussions