A NOOB question!

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

A NOOB question!

Postby hicks » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:59 pm

How many rounds should I normally get from a fully charged gas magazine? Not sure if I'm charging it fully or not. I give it about 4 or 5 2-3 second bursts with it. I never seem to get more than 8-12 rounds before I have to recharge it. There are no leaks in the mag nor the gun.

hicks

Re: A NOOB question!

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:22 pm

1st) It's cold outside so don't expect much unless you are storing you magazines in you armpits before you decide to put them into the gun.
2nd) What brand of gun is it, Some brands handle the cold better than others so that may be another problem
3rd) Instead of doing bursts while putting the gas into the gun, just hold it in there for 10 seconds and that should fill it.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby SekiRyu » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Usually the mag will overfill and spit gas back when it's full, so just keep putting gas in it until it does that.
SekiRyu

Postby BigRed1 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Gas mags are always tricky, Hicks. And as already said, they don't do well in cold weather. But if you fill it as instructed above, and can test fire it at room temp, you should expect to get at least 20+ shots out of a typical mag.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Return to Gun Discussions