[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Rethreading a delta ring? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Rethreading a delta ring?

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Rethreading a delta ring?

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:27 pm

So I found a rail I'd like to put on my gun. It's made for an AEG and I was told I'll either have to buy the exact same delta ring that is threaded for a G&P WOC or rethread the one that comes with the rail. If I order another one, It'll cost me about $40 so that's probably out of the question, so does anyone know how to rethread a delta ring? I've also heard of people rethreading their bodies but will that hinder me from using other rails, etc or is that the better route?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: Rethreading a delta ring?

Postby vulrath » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:37 pm

It's much less of a headache to just get the right part for the job. It costs more up front, but the chances of you screwing something up and breaking important bits (which would cost a lot more than $40 to fix if you do the body, and then you'll have to buy the correct one anyway for either side) are significantly lessened. Think of it this way: "Buy once, cry once." That's what you should be going for.

If it helps, I believe G&P threads their GBBR uppers to take real-steel delta rings.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:34 pm

I might be able to pick up a Real Steel DD delta ring then...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby SekiRyu » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:20 pm

For a real steel delta ring you'll probably need one of those removal tools. Or a second pair of arms with some massive triceps. Those suckers are stiff.
SekiRyu

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:21 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:00 am

Talked to a guy that builds G&P custom WOC's all the time and he said that G&P has a proprietary threading so real steel barrel nuts won't fit so you're almost forced to buy the barrel nut for the G&P or just rethread the upper for AEG's and be done.

Talking with the guy to see which is the better route and what the best way to rethread the upper would be if we go that route (he knows how to do it pretty well bu now).

I'll keep you posted....
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Return to Gun Discussions