[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Delta Ring Help Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Delta Ring Help

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Delta Ring Help

Postby xTAARGUS » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:47 pm

I need some help removing the delta ring on my Socom Gear Daniel Defense M4 I am using the needed wrench to remove the barrel nut but when I to unscrew it, it wont turn. So i think it must come off some other way. Does anyone know how it is meant to be removed?

xTAARGUS

Re: Delta Ring Help

Postby vulrath » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:24 pm

Stupid question, but did you try turning it the other way? (And yes, while I haven't had this specific problem, I have gotten so engrossed in being frustrated with something that I didn't even think of doing the one simple thing that would make it all work.)

If that's not it, try hitting it with a blow dryer for a couple of minutes (or something similar; it's possible they put superglue/loctite on it, and heat helps to soften it and make breaking the stuff easier when you torque it with the wrench). The only catch is that I don't know the plastic content of the part you're trying to remove, and it would be bad to ruin it by melting something important.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Also, You need to make sure you take out all the screws from the rail to the body. If not, you'll never get the thing off.

Any reason your taking the rail off?
What rail is it specifically?
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby xTAARGUS » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:17 pm

I havent tried melting any glue that may be in it, but I have went pretty darn hard on it with the wrench. So hard even I would think any glue would have broke but I'll try a blow dryer then try the wrench again. Also the gun is fully metal.
Southeast Airsoft
xTAARGUS

Postby xTAARGUS » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:34 pm

I used the blow dryer and got the whole delta ring hot enough to burn my hand and used the wrench on it and turned it both ways to make sure it doesnt unscrew the other way and it wouldnt move. Is there some delta rings that come off some kinda other way because i have removed the rails and all the screws on the barrel and just wont move I cant figure out whats up with it.
Southeast Airsoft
xTAARGUS

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:52 pm

Pictures would help...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby xTAARGUS » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:57 am

You unscrew 2 screw to take off part of the barrel.
Attachments
first delta ring picture (640x478).jpg
first delta ring picture (640x478).jpg (231.12 KiB) Viewed 1687 times
Southeast Airsoft
xTAARGUS

Postby xTAARGUS » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:59 am

Here you can see down the barrel.
Attachments
second delta ring picture (640x478).jpg
second delta ring picture (640x478).jpg (209.46 KiB) Viewed 1687 times
Southeast Airsoft
xTAARGUS

Postby xTAARGUS » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:02 am

You can see the screw holes. Sorry for my camera the flash doesnt work on it.
Attachments
third delta ring picture (640x478).jpg
third delta ring picture (640x478).jpg (212.48 KiB) Viewed 1687 times
Southeast Airsoft
xTAARGUS

Return to Gun Discussions