[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - New WE G17... or ? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

New WE G17... or ?

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

New WE G17... or ?

Postby AirsoftGunz » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:50 pm

I have a little over $100 to spend on a glock. I was wondering whether I should buy a new WE G17 off of Evike.com, or some other website, for $100 and then buy an extra mag with left over money, or should I get some other used glock off of here? Like a KWA, KSC? I'm not sure where to go with this...

AirsoftGunz

Re: New WE G17... or ?

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:47 pm

The gun is basically a Marui with a WE track record (meaning less then great internals but for the price, they're good).

Personally, if you can get a KWA G17 then you'll be set. They are VERY solid guns and since KWA came out with the ATP, you'll pretty much never have a parts shortage.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby AirsoftGunz » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:37 pm

So let's say I find a KWA G18 for $100 (not sure if that's unrealistic or not). Should I take the used KWA over a new WE?
AirsoftGunz

Postby vulrath » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:23 pm

WE's are TM-compatible. If you feel comfortable working on your gun (gas guns are much simpler than AEGs) and have plans to upgrade, then go with the WE.

If you don't plan on upgrading then go with the KWA/KSC.
vulrath

Postby swimpat16 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Also, the KWA ATP is priced at $130 new, and the Echo 1 Timberwolf is supposed to be out in a few weeks and is supposed to be priced about the same... if you want a few more options haha.

EDIT: And KJW Glocks are TM compatible as well aren't they? I have had better experiences with KJW than with WE as far as 1911's go...
swimpat16

Postby vulrath » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:42 pm

KJ guns are also indeed TM-compatible, and they definitely have a better track record than WE's guns do.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Used to have the KJW, never shot it because it was brokeñ when I got it in a trade. If you go with the KJW though, paint the God aweful lower. It's really shiney and just screams "paint me".

I prefer the KWA design because they're a little beefier than the TM and built like a tank but TM's are really good when it comes to taking upgrades.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Return to Gun Discussions