[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Gas Shotgun help as well as how to fix a shot gun. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Gas Shotgun help as well as how to fix a shot gun.

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Gas Shotgun help as well as how to fix a shot gun.

Postby -EAF- » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

So I was looking a gas Shotgun because my Bravo 6 tri-shots grip is starting to come off as well as the stock is becoming more and more wobble.

This was the Gas gun I was looking at:

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... c93aa7f90e

How good of a gun is it? I really don't like the fact that there are no shells but I guess I could get around that.

Is there a better gas shotgun out there that is pretty affordable?

Now to the fixing part

How would I fix the problem to my Bravo 6 Tri-shot? Its the one with the collapsible stock. I was taking a look at it and it seems that a screw broke inside it. Should I worry about fixing it or just scrap it and get a gas gun?

Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Re: Gas Shotgun help as well as how to fix a shot gun.

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:52 am

Personally, I would recommend finding a TM shotgun. I had the SPAS 12 (Now Professor Crow's) and the thing was a great gun. I am however a Gas Enthusiast so I wouldn't mind looking into the gas shotgun mainly for the realism.

The thing with the Matrix one, it's an ACM (ASGI sells the exact same one as "ACM" on their site) so the quality may or may not be there. If you get a good manufacture making it (Like some of the replica MagPul stuff) then you probably won't be able to tell from the real thing. What I would suggest is to look around on some forum and see if you can find the real one used.

If you do get it though. Throw a review up here because it looks like an interesting gun...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby -EAF- » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:15 pm

So maybe try to find the marushin m500?

I might just get the one from Evike to, just because I can. Thanks a bunch for you help!
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby vulrath » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:20 pm

If you're going to get a gas shotgun, Go Marushin and get something that'll last. Don't cheap out. You'll get what you paid for.

There were a couple of videos Redwolf did on the subject:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBg956TMDtM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOqRDkonG8g
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby -EAF- » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:55 am

Is there a really good gas Shotty that uses shells? Cause I would prefer that over just 10 shots.....
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby vulrath » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 am

Look at the Maruzen M870 over at Redwolf. It's roughly $300, and they have them in stock. I may be getting one of them for the awesome factor.
vulrath

Postby -EAF- » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:06 pm

I was looking at that one too! I like the fact that the shells eject....I might have to pick that one up sometime soon cause I'm having a hard time finding the marushin....
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby vulrath » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm thinking I may have to buy one myself come tax time (if there are still any available).
vulrath

Postby -EAF- » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Whats the diff between Maruzen and Tanaka?

Also would it be worth buying from this sight? Cause they are pretty cheep...

http://www.xcalibertactical.com/product ... otguns.php
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby apostle87 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:38 pm

the big issues with the m500's are the cocking arms. luckly you can :
A buy aftermarket steel arms from i want to say hurricane
or
B buy real steel arms and slightly mod them to fit.
other than that their pretty solid concidering the clone..e...ness?
"It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect."
2nd samuel 22:33
Co-Owner of Tennessee Airsoft Shop
Team Yakuza
CA Mk46
Kwa SR-12
Tm SR-16
Tm 4.3 Hicappa
apostle87

Postby ProfessorCrow » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:03 am

Edit: ten days late, but aw well.

Your best bet for effective, skirmish worthy shotguning is the trishot system.

Get yourself a Marui M3 or Spas 12. I personally recommend the M3. The Spas is awesome aesthetically and performs just fine, but it's just easier to maneuver and wield the M3, putting sights on target and getting the first shot dead on.(Which is a serious thing with shotgunning.)

Shell-less gas clone shotguns are poor to reload, have meh range, and of course the cocking levers break constantly.

They will work fine, in fact to devastating effect in short-lived no-respawn CQB games. But for field and tactical situations, it's not the best choice, if only for the reloading. The shots themselves are also inconsistent, the round FPS and range getting less and less with each shot (For a lack of gas.)

Not to mention seasonal weather and temperature will affect the performance, making it especially inconsistent year round. However, if you're very serious about running a shotgun as a primary, I've heard of tapping the gun for external air use, which means cooldown would be neigh unnoticeable. (especially considering the slow "rate of fire" with a pump action shotgun.)

Shell ejecting shotguns are fun and intimidating, and certainly put rounds down (a low) range, but let's face it, shell ejecting is extremely impracticable and they also suffer the gas issue. To make a shell ejector take Green/Top gas and therefore skirmish way better, you'll have to upgrade/replace a lot of internals. Is it worth it? I don't think so. Some Tanaka guns/shells can take green/top/co2 stock, these are made of course for skirmishing. They're also incredibly expensive, and the shotgun shells even more so. And then you've still got the whole incredibly impractical ejecting system.

Tokyo Marui trishot, you pay $100-$250 and get an EXTREMELY reliable gun that will just keep on trucking in true marui fashion. Clone shells are very cheap and work fine, the range is admirable and usable in field combat. No gas to worry about, all shots are perfectly consistent, and they are incredibly easy to reload. You can also carry a BUNCH of ammunition with the size of the shells +capacity in mind.

I've been using trishots for years, and even after owning absolute tons of high grade AEGs and god-tier GBBs, I still love the trishot the most. I'm perfectly fine with rocking my Spas 12 or M3 over a Daytona Gun or highly upgraded Inokatsu, because they really are great skirmish pieces.

-CroW
Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Return to Gun Discussions