[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Best lefty friendly pistol design? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Best lefty friendly pistol design?

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Best lefty friendly pistol design?

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:49 pm

I shoot my rifles primarily left handed but I'm able to transition to my right fairly easy when I need to. My pistol however, I shoot right handed but I transition to my left hand constantly. I currently run a 1911 and I used to own a Glock 17 and 26c. I was able to maneuver all of those guns fairly easy with my left hand but as always, us lefties have to adapt...

I've heard most left handed Real Steel Shooters say they prefer the Glock design but at the same time I've heard others say the 1911 design. I've held both designs and personally there isn't much difference between the two but I've learned to adapt so much I can't really tell. I was wondering if anyone else has found a pistol that works really well for shooting left handed?

Just something on my mind now that I'm thinking about purchasing a new sidearm so that's why I'm asking.
Thanks guy!

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: Best lefty friendly pistol design?

Postby Hal9000 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:46 pm

I believe that the FN 5-7 is ambidextrous. I'm thinking that the Beretta PX4 Storm is also ambi. Tokyo Marui makes a copy of both pistols, and there is another Hong-Kong company that distributes a clone of the px4 that is supposed to be pretty decent.
Hal9000

Postby apostle87 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:23 pm

the kwa atp is a very good cheap ambi pistol
"It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect."
2nd samuel 22:33
Co-Owner of Tennessee Airsoft Shop
Team Yakuza
CA Mk46
Kwa SR-12
Tm SR-16
Tm 4.3 Hicappa
apostle87

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:07 am

Just pulled my 1911 out so I can fit my drop leg to it (Blackhawk! OMEGA Ultra) and I'm able to manipulate it really well so I may just stick to the 1911 style.
Sorry for the wasted topic.

One question I do have, besides TM, What are some other brands that make a solid 1911 (just so I know if I decided to sell my current one)? Anyone have any experience with KWA's Mark Series?
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby swimpat16 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:51 am

If you like the double stack 1911 design, you could check out the KJW's. I have one and really love it. I have ben impressed by it's accuracy and the consistency of its hop up (and thus the range).
swimpat16

Postby xandman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:34 am

Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , å誉 , å°Šé‡ , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:55 am

I may still look at the TM's. I'll have to do some price comparisons but I'll look into a WA.

I guess once I get tired of having a Marui, I could just upgrade the snot out of it instead of buying a new gun and have a beast of a pistol.

First I'll have to see where I can pick one up on the cheap. I prefer to have a single stack (I like the feel of a Glock grip but when I hold a 1911, I don't want a thick grip) magazine and with the Marui it has a higher capacity so I guess it's the best of both world's...

Thanks for the input, I'll look into the WA too.

Edit: WA may be a little more than I'm wanting to pay (unless I'm looking at sites that have them at higher prices than normal) but I am interested in a Marui MEU if I can get it here in the States so I don't have to pay outrageous shipping.

Do you know any good State side sites that carry a lot of Marui GBB's or one I could special order through (that arent overly expensive)?
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:22 am

They're not stateside, but Redwolf, Ehobby Asia and WGCShop are who I'd direct you to. They have customs policies that will pretty much guarantee you either a gun or a refund.

I got my KJW from Ehobby, and my TM from Redwolf. Of the two, the Redwolf went smoother, and I got a free Redwolf patch to boot.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby JourneyMan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:10 pm

I like that the may release on the usp is ambi but the safety isn't. The fit in my hand was very nice both left and right.
JourneyMan

Return to Gun Discussions