[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Leaky GBBR Magazine Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Leaky GBBR Magazine

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Leaky GBBR Magazine

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:11 pm

I noticed that the striker valve was leaking on the GHK magazine I got in the mail today. Not just a slight hiss, it's very noticeable. I went ahead and took the mag apart and lubed everything up and once I had everything back together, it was still hissing. I went ahead and took the valve out and nothing looks damaged at all.

I read that if I take the valve, drop it in a bag of silicone and let it sit submerged in the silicone oil overnight, it will fix the problem. Is this true or is there another method to fixing this problem?

I have a bunch of silicone oil from when I played paintball so I'll use that to submerge it (it's 100% silicone oil, I know what to look out for. I tested it against my AI Oil I got with my propane adapter and it's basically the same thing only I can get this at Dick's Sporting Goods).

Here's a picture of the place the gas is leaking out of:

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: Leaky GBBR Magazine

Postby Dannick » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:59 pm

What I did to fix any of my gas mags from leaking was to completely disassemble the magazine, lube the o-rings, and wrap the threads in teflon tape before screwing them back together. On some of the larger o-rings that create a seal for the mag body itself I also wrapped those in teflon tape. I've yet to encounter a mag that hasn't stopped leaking after that, and all I own are gas guns so I've done it plenty of times.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:09 am

The gas is coming out of the button of the striker valve (no threads) so I'm not sure.

Went ahead and just put the striker valve and fill valve in a bag of silicone oil... I'll report tomorrow if that fixes the problem.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:27 pm

Ok, I let the valves soak over night and I'm still having the same problem. When I fill up the mag, almost right after I pull the gas can out, it starts to leak from the button of the striker valve. I'm going to teflon tape the threads like Dannick said and see if that does anything. It may be that I just need a new striker valve. If that is the case, does anyone know where I can get one?

Edit: Teflon tapped the threads/the oring on the threads and still no luck. It still spills out gas from the button. It's not leaking from where it threads in, it's leaking from around the actually button you push to release the gas. Anyone have any ideas?
It may just need a new striker valve...

Double Edit:
I went ahead and took the whole valve apart and found that the o-ring on the striker valve button was really tight so I'm soaking it in silicone oil to see if it will expand some. If not I'm going to have to see if one of the o-rings in my o-ring kit will fit.

I'll post tonight if that fixes the problem.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Ok, I took apart the whole valve and let it soak in silicone oil since the last post and I just put everything back together and it held gas!

I'm thinking that the o-ring on the striker valve gas release button had shrunk some and it just needed to expand just a little.
If I push the button down towards the bottom of the mag it will release a little gas but it seems like it's just a little loose. Hopefully for now it will hold it allow me to shoot my gun until I can afford a new mag. Seeing how the G&P P-mags are on sale at Evike, I might pick those up...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:01 am

Now, WGC does have a that you can use to replace the offending assembly in its entirety. I'm sure others have it too; I just found this whilst looking for other stuff.
vulrath

Return to Gun Discussions