[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - New player in need of a starter AEG. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

New player in need of a starter AEG.

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

New player in need of a starter AEG.

Postby Thunderr300 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:48 am

I'm a new player, looking to buy my first AEG. So far, I'm looking at a JG G3. Any other suggestions are welcome.

" A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. " - Amendment II
Thunderr300

Re: New player in need of a starter AEG.

Postby ReaperM14 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:27 pm

First thing you have to ask yourself is, what is your price range. Then you decide on your gun. M4s are a nice place to start, cause you can upgrade the snot out of them. AKs are a favorite too. CYMA makes good, cheap ones.

If you can afford it, go with a metal body M4 platform. They are great to start with and they are easier to work on/repair/upgrade because of the amount of parts.
Team Yakuza
OP: SoCo, Squad 2-2 (2012)
OP: Fulda Gap, Warsaw 120th (2012)

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby Thunderr300 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:32 pm

The JG G3 is what I believe I'm looking for. Seeing as how I'm very big into defensive firearms, I'm familiar with lots of weapons platforms. I'm a big fan of the ergonomics of the G3, and as far as adding attachments to it, I won't do much other than maybe an optic, fore grip and light. Airsplat has it listed for $100, free shipping.
" A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. " - Amendment II
Thunderr300

Postby swimpat16 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:26 pm

swimpat16

Postby ReaperM14 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:21 pm

You should always start out with a more widely used platform. M4s are also very diverse when it comes to the different roles you want to play. I have used mine as a CQB weapon, and now, its a DMR. M4 mags are also super cheap, and easy to get a hold of. As far as I know, G3 mags are harder to get a hold of. Don't get me wrong, I like the G3, but its one of those "go Marui, or go home" kind of guns. Trust me, M4s are where its at. My KWA is a around 5 years old (if not older) and its still a beast.
Team Yakuza

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby NOWWHATSUCCER? » Wed May 09, 2012 8:08 am

The JG commando. The upgraded version is the best.
NOWWHATSUCCER?

Postby TheNinja » Wed May 09, 2012 10:18 pm

ZOMBIES!!!!
TheNinja

Postby ReaperM14 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Team Yakuza

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Return to Gun Discussions