[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - New to airsoft and need a gun Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

New to airsoft and need a gun

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

New to airsoft and need a gun

Postby Peacemaker13B » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm new to airsoft and I'm looking for a quality M4/M16 platform, I would like an ACOG scope/red dot, RIS rail, magpul stock, and maybe a vertical grip. What brand of gun and parts would you recommend?

Peacemaker13B

Re: New to airsoft and need a gun

Postby ReaperM14 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:09 pm

If you can afford it, go KWA for your M4. I know some people say they are overrated, but mine has never let me down. Just swap out your hop-up bucking and inner barrel and you will be good for awhile.
Team Yakuza
OP: SoCo, Squad 2-2 (2012)
OP: Fulda Gap, Warsaw 120th (2012)

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby Peacemaker13B » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:29 pm

What battery do I need for a KWA, this is the one I'm looking at only thing I would really add is an acog reflex sight (what brand) and a vertical grip and of course the hop up and a better inner barrel
Peacemaker13B

Postby ReaperM14 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:25 am

The battery needs to either be a smaller LiPo battery, or a butterfly type. As far as an Acog, idk, I don't have one, and I've never really looked into them.
Team Yakuza

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby contracody » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:19 am

I actually have an 11.1 Lipo(crane stock) that would work great with the crane stock. And I would sell it to you!
AGM 416/614
TSD 1911

Dark Harvest Airsoft Team
contracody

Postby JGSCHS » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:06 pm

I'd stay away from KWA. They are highly overrated and overpriced. If you're in that price range get a G&P, or you could look into JG enhanced m4's for a cheaper yet good alternative. They are both excellent
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=37369
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=32876
JGSCHS

Postby ReaperM14 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:48 pm

Team Yakuza

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby trevorst » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:02 am

G&P are wonderful for externals. Somewhat sh*tty for internals. Feel free to google G&P gear failure, I have owned more of them than I can count on both hands and as long as you know that going into it they are amazing.

The only gearbox non polarstar that I would own or that I didnt make would be a KWA. (And for the record, even on the gearbox that I would make, unless I had an abundance of cash for RiotSC gears... then it would have KWA gears also).

Externals G&P > KWA
Internals KWA > G&P

Pick your poison.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby Russel » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm

I have owned both a KWA and a G&P. The G&P was nice, but remember that externals don't win games. There's a reason I run 3 KWA's now.
Russel

Postby JGSCHS » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:04 pm

KWA is overrated for many reasons. The first of which being that they advertised, heavily advertised I might add, as being "lipo-ready" when they are far from it. Their bearings absolutely suck, their piston heads aren't nearly strong enough to handle the stress put on them, airseal problems, and they're off-spec. I could provide more reasoning than this but I know if this isn't enough to get the point across for you then anything else I say will be useless. Perhaps if you KWA fanboys were a little less zealous and a little more open-minded then you'd understand :roll: . I do agree, however, that listing a G&P as an alternative was not such a good idea given their past gear issues(notice I say past because the gear issue thing was due to inconsistent heat-treatment and has been over for quite a few months now)
JGSCHS

Postby trevorst » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby ReaperM14 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Team Yakuza

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby Smartkid312 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:15 pm

I will say KWAs are good but for the price I can make a full metal JG or JG enhanced just as good. I mean correct AOE shim via bevel to pinion maybe new piston but its just as good if not better with the right mods done.
Jg g3 foregrip on the side and some sparying and praying. Now an m4 shooting 30 rps and maybe even more. Go team cold blooded rangers! When I'm playing on black team you can call me Tapout(thanks to gunny aw gunny). HOOAH!
Smartkid312

Postby trevorst » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
trevorst

Postby BigRed1 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:17 am

Oh boy! Another "KWA is better...no it's not" thread! :roll:

To the original question, if you're just getting into the sport, I'm assuming you want a good, entry level gun. The Echo1 or JG M4 platforms are really, really good guns that will hold up well on any field. G&G is also making a high quality M4 right now (look at their "Raider") that runs about $200.
From there, you can go up to higher performance, higher price guns (like KWA's, etc). But for entering the game, one of the above at $150-$200 will give you a great gun.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Next

Return to Gun Discussions