[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Consequence of not having a fuse Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Consequence of not having a fuse

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Consequence of not having a fuse

Postby mule-33 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Tell me if i have been ripped off

I had my gun fixed for repairs (needed a replaced wire...$15 fix)
They also took my fuse out and said i did not need it
i get about 3 bursts out at the beginning of the game and i get a broken tooth on a gear

considering how little i used the gun how did i get a broken tooth on a gear??
I think it may have been a rush of electricity speeding the gears up because i didnt have a fuse

Are the guys who repaired my gun intentially trying to have more serious damage so i can bring it back to their shop?

Any help,advice, or opinions would be great thanks

by the way..jg ak47..standard 8.4v 1500Mah

mule-33

Re: Consequence of not having a fuse

Postby cypher » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:47 pm

The only thing a fuse would have made different is once the gear tooth broke and locked up the gearbox the fuse would have tripped. You're not running anywhere near a powerful enough battery to cause a gear failure. The most likely problem was the gear itself was bad (these parts are made in china with low qc) or the shimming was terribly off (again china made guns don't have good tuning out of the box). By the sounds of it I'd say they didn't even open the gearbox to check any of that and just replaced the broken wire. Seeing as most shops will charge you 30 - 50 bucks just to work on the gun without parts I don't really see that as a rip off.
cypher

Postby Lancer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:29 am

It wasn't the fuse.

Your gears just aren't very good.
Lancer

Postby vulrath » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:18 pm

Let me just say this: That's not how electricity works. The battery can only supply amperage at the rate that it's consumed (think a pipe filled with water - the amount of water is the voltage and the flow, or current, is the amperage, which is also a measure of current). The amount of power running from the battery to the motor DOES NOT CHANGE after removing the fuse. It's purpose is to prevent damage to the electrical components (namely the battery and motor) in the event of an electrical mishap (short circuit, etc.). As long as you don't sit there holding the trigger down and asking, "Why won't it fire?", then you'll be quite alright without a fuse.

I have been running all of my AEGs without fuses for some time now, and nothing has happened to me (from the TM P90 to the Echo 1 M249, none of the guns I own/use have a fuse by the time they hit the field). There isn't any reason for this, I just don't feel they're necessary as long as the user has some modicum of sense about what they're doing.

As to what happened to you, that's an issue with bad gears, nothing else. I've had stock sniper rifle parts break right out of the box. It happens.
vulrath

Postby dylan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:41 pm

my bad. it was just bad gears
Last edited by dylan on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
CYMA CM048 AK-74
--------------------------
Future upgrades to gun:
SHS High Torque Motor
SHS Shim set
Metal double O-Ring Cylinder Head
SHS Metal tooth Piston
dylan

Postby Lancer » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Lancer

Postby frogman » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:18 pm

VERY FALSE!
G&p m4 magpuled out
G&p m4 special ops.
Custome CA M4
" high speed, low drag" " good to go".Freakin searching.assessing. "slayin bodies"
Mtn Men Malitia
frogman

Return to Gun Discussions