[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Your thoughts about the DBoys PDW Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Your thoughts about the DBoys PDW

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Your thoughts about the DBoys PDW

Postby buchski82 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:27 pm

I have been thinking about getting a KAC PDW for a while now. Trying to do my "research." I came across this one on eBay this morning and it looks like it's got some extra stuff too.

Has anyone had any experience with the Dboys PDW? Is this an OK gun for someone pretty new to airsoft? Any opinions to help a newb finally make a decision? :)

Thanks.

buchski82

Re: Your thoughts about the DBoys PDW

Postby xandman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:58 pm

I will admit I dont like clones, but the Dboy/Dboi PDW is a great little gun, decent power and range out of something its size. I would say it is one of if not the best clones on the market. though I wouldnt go with EBAY, on this one, it looks like he is using a stock photo and his feedback isnt 100% . Buy local when you can, its a great way to learn about the product and sport and meet alot of players.
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , å誉 , å°Šé‡ , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby Hal9000 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:51 pm

What Xand said. Try to avoid fishy eBay sellers. Local is the way to go.

I have one that I purchased used off of the forums, it's mostly stock (aftermarket hopup, barrel, and spring), and it's a great little gun. The RDWs are super lightweight, so if you're a tiny guy, it's a good bet for an 'all-day' gun, and if you're a bigger guy, then it's going to be like carrying a feather around.

It's an AR style weapon that manages to stay relatively unique looking. You can also help the looks (if you don't mind charging constantly) by purchasing a particular battery that fits inside of the upper receiver.

It's a V2 gearbox, which is simple to work on, and there are a plethora of parts floating around for sale at good prices. The only really negative thing about the gun that I can really say is the fact that it uses a slow short motor, and from what I have read elsewhere (haven't tested it), the stock pinion head and the stock bevel gear only work with each other (so if you change your motor, you'd have to change your bevel gear).

I have no idea where you're located, but I know that AT in Chattanooga, and Parafrog Knox both carry the PDW.
Hal9000

Postby buchski82 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:14 pm

Thanks for your help guys.
buchski82

Postby KnoxVegas » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:22 pm

ODA-865 ATL -

OP:BD V - OP:I VIII - OP:NL II
Fulda '11 - OP:I IX - OP:I X
OP:LS IV - Sov Fury '13 - OP:I XI
KnoxVegas