[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - What Should I Buy? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

What Should I Buy?

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

What Should I Buy?

Postby Mr. Fox » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:46 pm

Hey guys,
I'm trying to sell my PS3 and use the money to buy some airsoft equipment. In total, I should have around $350-$400 to spend. I will be going to Florida for a couple weeks in a few months and am trying to figure out what extra stuff I should get for when I play there, but also be able to use the stuff when I get back. By the way, most of the fields I'm looking at will be cqb or at least semi-close-quarters.
These are some of my ideas..
1. Upgrade my Ksc/Kwa G17. (Metal slide, higher tension recoil spring, high flow valve, etc.)
2. Upgrade my JG Stubby killer. (Externals: metal body, folding stock. I already upgraded internals, see: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25126)
3. Get a new rifle. (I'm looking at maybe an Echo1 XCR because of the higher fps out of the box and the folding stock. Suggestions are welcome)
4. Idk, give me ideas!
I will most likely be playing at this field in Florida or its new cqb field if it is open when I am there: http://combatcityusa.com
EDIT: I am also thinking about maybe getting a camera for game footage (what kind? GoPro or Contour?) Or a riot shield.

Last edited by Mr. Fox on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armory
G&G GR15 DST
G&G Stubby Killer-Custom CQB M4
Echo 1 SCAR-L
Custom M4 Carbine
and a whole bunch of gear..
Mr. Fox

Re: What Should I Buy?

Postby mtmlegit » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:12 pm

one good primary is all you need if you're low budget, a sidearm is just nice to have. nobody NEEDS one, but everyone WANTS one. (not everyone, but nobody would turn down a free one if you know what i mean.) make sure you have the correct mags/bb's, some fields have rules pertaining to that. One of your best investments as far as performance goes is a tightbore. Since you're mostly indoor, going for a highspeed low fps setup wouldnt be a bad idea. (softer spring, quicker motor, mosfet, the list goes on and on) if you want to upgrade your pistol, everything you listed plus a new hammer spring or trigger would be good. they dont increase performance THAT much. but they make using it more enjoyable.
It doesn't matter who you are on here, how long you've been playing, whatever. Shut the f@ck up. Outside of airsoft and this site noone gives half a stuff about what you have to say. You're not a badass or whatever else you'd like to think. Thanks :)
mtmlegit

Postby Mr. Fox » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Armory
G&G GR15 DST
Echo 1 SCAR-L
Custom M4 Carbine
Mr. Fox

Postby Mr. Fox » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Armory
G&G GR15 DST
Echo 1 SCAR-L
Custom M4 Carbine
Mr. Fox

Postby mtmlegit » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:06 pm

If you're talking about BDU's, i can personally vouch for blackhawk and crye precision. They arent cheap but they are damn nice clothes. And as far as boots go, i love my blackhawk boots. they're the "black ops" or something like that. i thought the name was way cooler BEFORE CoD came out. They have vibram soles and are REALLY comfortable. I've tried on some tennis shoes that didnt feel as good even.
It doesn't matter who you are on here, how long you've been playing, whatever. Shut the f@ck up. Outside of airsoft and this site noone gives half a stuff about what you have to say. You're not a badass or whatever else you'd like to think. Thanks :)
mtmlegit

Postby Mr. Fox » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Armory
G&G GR15 DST
Echo 1 SCAR-L
Custom M4 Carbine
Mr. Fox

Postby ReaperM14 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:52 pm

Team Yakuza
OP: SoCo, Squad 2-2 (2012)
OP: Fulda Gap, Warsaw 120th (2012)

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby Mr. Fox » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:22 pm

Armory
G&G GR15 DST
Echo 1 SCAR-L
Custom M4 Carbine
Mr. Fox

Postby SpectrE-416 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:37 pm

My best suggestion:

With a MGO scope: or for better CQB vision:
SpectrE-416

Postby Mr. Fox » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:41 pm

Thanks guys. I traded for an Echo 1 SCAR-L. It came with an aimpoint replica, a bunch of extra internals, and a few extra goodies(: I should be upgrading soon, so be watching for a new thread. BTW I got the scar from Southpaw. Great seller, I know him personally and he is a great guy!
Armory
G&G GR15 DST
Echo 1 SCAR-L
Custom M4 Carbine
Mr. Fox

Return to Gun Discussions