[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - WE GBBR Nozzle Problem Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

WE GBBR Nozzle Problem

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

WE GBBR Nozzle Problem

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:05 pm

I'm having problems with the threads on the nozzle/firing pin being stripped. Here's a video of the problem, any ideas?
Could I possibly order a new firing pin (whatever that rod piece is actually called) and that would fix the problem? That is the piece with the stripped threads...

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: WE GBBR Nozzle Problem

Postby vulrath » Thu May 10, 2012 6:15 pm

http://permatex.com/products/Automotive ... er_RED.htm
Seriously, when you swap for a RA Tech NPAS they tell you to put the blue stuff on the threads, but I have found that the blue threadlocker doesn't last long enough because of the shock from hitting the hop up chamber. Using the red stuff will keep you from being able to easily remove it, but you don't want that.

Be careful where you store that stuff, though...I have actually heard of someone dumb enough to (I stuff you not) try and lube an AR15 with it because they weren't paying attention. It took 2 weeks, a lot of scrubbing, and a lot of turpentine to get it clean.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:10 pm

I saw the video for the NPAS installation but will that still allow the piece to move back and forth like it's supposed to or will that completely lock it up? Is it supposed to be able to move back and forth or is it supposed to be stiff?
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Thu May 10, 2012 10:19 pm

What do you mean by "move back and forth"? The nozzle (the part that came unscrewed from the rod) needs to be glued back on, with the rod assembled in the housing (the pipe-like thing). Just:

1) Pop the rod back in the housing
2) Push it all the way out
3) Make sure the little plastic spacer is on the rod on the outside of the housing, on the side that will have the nozzle on it)
4) Apply the threadlocker
5) Screw the nozzle on
6) Wait for the threadlocker to dry (usually 24 hours)
7) Reassemble bolt assembly back in the gun
8) Resume shooting

This is all assuming your nozzle and/or retaining rod do not have stripped threads. If you do, you might as well purchase a fully-assembled NPAS kit and just do a full-on swap. You are supposed to be able to yank on the rod and extend the nozzle out and push it back in so that the back of the nozzle is contacting the cylinder.

It's too bad you live 2 hours east of me. I could drive to you, fix it for you in person (and thus show you how to do it properly), and leave. The entire assembly procedure doesn't take but 5 minutes. The part that takes forever is waiting for the damned stuff to dry.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Ok, I see what you're saying. Yeah, It sucks that I'm 2 hours away...
I'm looking at the retaining rod and it does look like one side got touched with the dremel and took the threads clean off. The thing is though, I should only have to put the thread locker on and once it dries, it will create a block to keep the rod from coming out of the nozzle. Would this idea work?

Also, Like I show in the video, the rod is supposed to hit the valve to make it move back and forth. Will the thread locker lock the whole thing up or will it allow the rod to keep moving?
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Fri May 11, 2012 12:09 am

The video isn't detailed enough. Photos would be more helpful, if you wouldn't mind.

The threadlocker only goes on the part where the nozzle meets the rod. Anywhere else is a place that you Do Not Want it to be. Once it's dry, you're golden.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:05 pm

This was what I was talking about when I said it looks like the threads got touched with a dremel.
Here's what the valve looks like when it is closed and the rod has no pressure on it:
and this is what it looks like when it is wide open:
Will putting the thread locker onto the threads of the rod cause the rod to not be able to move and push down the valve?

I picked up some blue and red thread locker from Harbor Fright so once I have that answered, I'll put a drop on the threads of the rod, screw it in and wait 15 minutes...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Fri May 11, 2012 3:18 pm

Screw it all the way in and glue it. It's supposed to be like that - my stock nozzle was the same way. That little piece that's moving is the flute valve; a modified version of it is what makes the RA Tech NPAS work (and it works by increasing/decreasing the space there, thereby allowing differing amounts of gas through the nozzle and redirecting the rest to the blowback mechanism). Quite simple, once you sit down and think about it.

It does look like someone took a file to it. Wonder what their reason was? Screwy peoples.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Fri May 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Flathead jeweler's screwdriver. If you lose it, PM me. I'll mail you the spare I have if I can find it.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Ok, I put the thread locker on the rod and now the rod won't move back and forth. I went ahead and installed everything into the gun and shot off a mag. So far I haven't had any noticeable problems but I'll do some more test shooting tomorrow and see if anything starts to show. Thanks for the help vulrath, I owe you one!
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Fri May 11, 2012 8:29 pm

No problem; any time.

Who knew my knowledge of WE rifle systems would come in handy? :mrgreen:
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:14 pm