[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Need help...I'm dumb Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Need help...I'm dumb

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Need help...I'm dumb

Postby GI JELLY ROLL » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Alright..got a kwa m4...pulled the motor out for no real reason..wish I wouldn't have..now when I put it in it spins but when u tighten it down it won't spin...at all..don't know if it's the gear box or I'm stupid or what I need help though..thinking probably just gonna take it to para frog and have it re worked...so onto my second question...wanna wire it to the rear and want it to shoot far and strait not really fps hungry just want range and ACc and decent rof...what parts should I get thrown into it and an estimate...plz guys thanks...

Call ur hits..or I'm gonna aim for ur face
GI JELLY ROLL

Re: Need help...I'm dumb

Postby kagemusha » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:22 pm

You probably just adjusted the motor too much, and with many things in airsoft, you need to fine tune it. You really need to do small increments instead of drastic adjustments, if you do too much your motor will bind on the bevel gear. As far as your second question goes, shimming your hop up arm and making some adjustments to the barrel such as the teflon tape mod can go a long way to increase consistency and perhaps tighten your spread a bit. The advantage of this is you don't have to open the gearbox as you don't sound that experienced in doing so. And as always use quality bbs and a heavier weight (at least .28s) and you should see an increase in accuracy just from that. Good luck and I hope this helps!
kagemusha

Postby Spectre25 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:12 pm

I'll ask it since kagemusha didnt... Did you put the spring back on the motor before you reinstalled it... If no, remove motor install motor spring and reinstall motor, adjust motor spacing as required. If Yes, then I refer you back to kagemusha's post.

As for the upgrades... Here are the easiest things to do.
FpS - replace the stock 6.05mm or 6.06mm inner barrel with a 6.03mm or if you can find it 6.02mm inner barrel... I wouldnt suggest getting a 6.01mm barrel for an AEG because you run a high risk of the BB's becoming jammed.
RoF - simply change your battery from the stock 8.4v Ni-Cad to a 9.6v or 10.8v Ni-Cad, That alone you'll see an increase of 5-15 rounds per second.
Accuracy - upgrading your inner barrel will do a majority of the work but you can also change the Hop-up bucking which will also help with fps by creating a better seal around the bb. If your using .20's and your hop-up is turned all the way down and your bb's are still climbing before they hit the target, then you need heavier BB's, either buy or have a buddy lend you some .23's .25's and .28's and see which ones perform the way you want... with your gun shooting at 350-400 fps and the hop-up centered or close to, the bb's should be flying level and will start to drop off at about 60ft.

So, changing the Battery and Inner Barrel are the two easiest things you can do to increase FpS and RoF... BUT... Since your not doing the more complex upgrade to the gearbox, you wont get as much of an increase... I would however suggest you find someone confident in there ability to dissassemble AEG's to teach you how to do it your self so you can perform regular maintenance or add upgrades when you want... Its alot easier then it looks, here is an animation of a v2 gearbox , and a vid on how to dissassemble one.

Hope this helps

Spectre
Spectres are not trained, but chosen. Individuals forged in the fire of service and battle; those whose actions elevate them above the rank and file.
Spectres are an ideal, a symbol. The embodiment of courage, determination, and self-reliance.
Spectre25

Postby GI JELLY ROLL » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Thanks guys this all really helped..just had to fine tune the spacing and it turned over fine..gonna start building this thing soon..
Call ur hits..or I'm gonna aim for ur face
GI JELLY ROLL

Return to Gun Discussions