[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - should i open my gear box to put in new springs Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

should i open my gear box to put in new springs

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

should i open my gear box to put in new springs

Postby Airsoft Rebel » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Should i open my kwa gearbox that shoots 400-430 to put new springs. my friend says no. idk

Airsoft Rebel

Re: should i open my gear box to put in new springs

Postby vulrath » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:40 pm

What are you trying to get the gun to? 400 FPS with a .20g BB is more than enough power for an outdoor field, and while it isn't going to have the best hop up out there (face it, TM's still king there), it's not the worst available (I'd say it's upper-mid tier). A new hop up bucking and a decent tightbore barrel will do more for your range and accuracy than a further-upped spring.
vulrath

Re: should i open my gear box to put in new springs

Postby chrisw670 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:03 pm

I agree with your friend and Vulrath. Try change out the bucking if you're looking for a little better hopup response. I never did like the 2G buckings. Never gave me the hopup response I was looking for. I switched out the nub and bucking on my KWA M4 and M16 and noticed a good improvement in hopup response. Of the after market buckings I've tried, Bravo buckings have the best fit, both the 50 and 70 degree. A touch more snug than the 2G but still slide in to the hopup with minimum pressure.
"The problem with people today is they talk about their rights and privileges instead of their duties and obligations" - Lou Holtz
chrisw670

Return to Gun Discussions