[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - want to get my first aeg can you help Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

want to get my first aeg can you help

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

want to get my first aeg can you help

Postby frazer807 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:51 am

hi guys

i am looking at buying my first AEG but im not sure what to get as there are so many chocies i would like to get an ak47 as were i go there are way to many M4s an M16 an i like to be abit differnt from every one else an i prefer the aks my self
i have been looking at the G&P AK TACTICAL heres a link to it http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandp-ak-tactical.html
but again im not sure what there like or if there are any that are better if you could recomend some an help me out i would really appreciate it

many thanks

frazer

frazer807

Re: want to get my first aeg can you help

Postby AirsoftFun » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:40 am

Hi Frazer807,

G&P makes a good product. I am unable to help you with AK47's,
I've never owned one. You like it because it's different. That's
a good enough reason as any. In this activity, you will get opinions
about everything. Get what you like. Get what you want and makes
you happy.

No manufacture is "the best". No AEG is "the best". All have their
positives and negatives. You will learn like the rest of us by making
good and bad decisions. I can tell you a fact : stay away from Wal-Mart
airsoft.

Be careful ordering from over seas. What may look like a good deal can
become very expensive because of shipping. If you have a problem and
ship it back, then have to pay for them to ship the replacement - you just
lost any savings. You are taking risk and it may work out, it may not.

After years of ordering from many, many places - my go to place is Pyramyd Air.
They charge a little more, but no one has had better customer service.
Any issues, they email you a shipping label and pay for all shipping until the
issued is resolved. Please understand, you are dealing with mechanical devices.
They will break. They will wear out. Sometimes you just get a "lemon", we all
have.

Hope I've helped. Good luck to you. Just remember, have fun.
AirsoftFun

Re: want to get my first aeg can you help

Postby Grumsy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:21 am

Whatever gun you like, research it. Buying an AEG is expensive. So, unless you have money to burn you need to read up on it. Also, go to local events/friends and play with their guns and get their opinions too. G&P is one of the more reputable AEG manufacturers. If you can step up in price, KWA make a good gun too.

These are the main things you need to look for when buying any AEG:
Full metal mech box (gears, and shell)

Make sure it uses industry standard parts. I am not sure the version of gearbox that AKs use, but make sure the gun you buy uses one of the standard ones. The main reason for that is when it breaks (notice I didnt say if) the parts will be cheaper and easier to find.

Try to find a gun that shoots less that 400fps. FPS does not = range! Also, your targets will appreciate it.

These are a bit more esoteric:
I prefer light guns. I am an old fat guy, the last thing I want to do is carry 30 lbs of crap, plus a heavy gun all day =)

Mainly, find a gun that appeals to you. Research the crap out of it. Buy it. Most importantly...USE IT!

Also, don't spend all of your budget on a gun. You are going to need gear too...pulling mags out of your pocket sucks.
In war winning is all that matters. In a game, it is all about sportsmanship.

Grumsy

Return to Gun Discussions